PDA

View Full Version : 4 roswell tower speakers vs. 2 XM7's???

saskyrider
12-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey all, i've got a line on 2 XM7's and a S400.4 Amp... just wondering if that will outpower my current system on the tower which is 4 6.5" speakers (in roswell cans. The Amp is a JL Audio 4 channel amp.... but i can't remember the the model # and it's put away. IF they will put out he same amount of sound then i'd sell the current tower speakers and keep the amp for running the Polk DB651's i've purchased to replace the stock cabin speakers.

I do mainly wakeboarding so the distance sound is better for my current use.

Geoff

sandm
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
that's a no-brainer. wakeboarder=hlcd's if you want the sound to be clear/clean at 80ft. those speakers will blow your other ones away..

you da man
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
^^^ Yup, get the Exiles and you'll be wondering why you had the others

saskyrider
12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks guys... it's only 2 of the xm7's vs. the 4 others but i figured they would be the right choice...

geoff

sandm
12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
if you have the cash to spare, don't even give it a second thought. those exiles will blow away any standard 6.5" speaker at 80ft :)

saskyrider
12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Ed are your Surf speakers the 6.5" exiles?? I was planning on keeping the amp so i could run the new polks... It sucks that my boat is in cold storage 15 miles away from me during the winter. I've been working on the wife give me the green light for building a 2 car unattached heated garage in our back yard... we have lots of room and she could use the other side for her woodworking!!

geoff

Sea N' Things
02-18-2011, 09:54 PM
I am looking for 2 roswell cans, you selling your old tower speakers?

kaneboats
02-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I should have 2 Roswell cans available in a day or two. I promised the speakers out of them to my daughter but you wouldn't want those anyway.

Sea N' Things
02-19-2011, 11:51 AM
GREAT! I just sent you a pm with my email address, I look forward to getting some pics. Thax man

viking
02-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey all, i've got a line on 2 XM7's and a S400.4 Amp... just wondering if that will outpower my current system on the tower which is 4 6.5" speakers (in roswell cans. The Amp is a JL Audio 4 channel amp.... but i can't remember the the model # and it's put away. IF they will put out he same amount of sound then i'd sell the current tower speakers and keep the amp for running the Polk DB651's i've purchased to replace the stock cabin speakers.

I do mainly wakeboarding so the distance sound is better for my current use.

Geoff

I hoped you pulled the trigger on the exiles?

EarmarkMarine
02-19-2011, 12:30 PM
There is no doubt that a pair of HLCDs, like the XM7s, are going to be better at wake range over two pair if conventional speakers. So definitely go the way of the Exiles. But you may want to retain the use of the JL Audio 4-channel amplifier as it could be stronger than the Exile Shift amplifier.

David
Earmark Marine

Sea N' Things
02-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking about putting some Kicker's in, KM 6500.2 system. I have all Kicker stuff and would like to keep it that way and don't want to spend an arm and a leg :)

EarmarkMarine
02-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Sea,
You won't be disappointed with the Kicker HLCD package. Its has the disadvantage of requiring four pods to create one pair and six pods to create two pair. But if you can get past that, the Kicker system does an amazing job of bridging long range projection with sound quality. Two thumbs up!
David
Earmark Marine

Sea N' Things
02-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I am looking forward to this setup without breaking the bank:rolleyes: