PDA

View Full Version : Right Boat?

Aquaholic
11-01-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm buying a yellow xlv with the 340 hp motor, teak deck and all the wakeboarding goodies. But I am worrying that I am buying the wrong boat for the money being spent. Should I get the supra 22v drive instead??

gtt
11-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Aquaholic,

It depends on your reasons for buying the boat whether or not the XLV or 22SSV is the right boat. The XLV(23") is a substantially larger boat than the 22SSV(21'8") While the XLV is not only larger in length and width, it is a much deeper hull than the 22SSV. Both of these boats have excellent inboard characteristics, ie overall handling, power out of the hole, getting on plane quickly, turning on a dime, excellent wakeboard wakes and shape, etc, these 2 boats are engineered for different customers. As I mentioned with the XLV being a bigger, deeper boat, it is designed to carry up to 16 passengers, almost twice as many as the 22SSV. The 22SSV is a smaller, sleeker boat than the XLV that is well established in the inboard market. The 22SSV being a Supra comes standard with many of the options you can get on a Moomba, stereo, depth finder, cleats, wakeplate, wakeboard racks, stainless steel handrails and rubrails & 40 oz. carpet just to name a few. The only other difference between the 2 boats is the 22SSV would have better ski-ability having the smaller, shallower hull. I would suggest that if you are going to have a big group of people with you when your at the lake the XLV would be your best choice for overall room and comfort, otherwise you can't go wrong with either. Please call me at the factory if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Trey Tiller
Skier's Choice, Inc.

Summit_SS
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Well that about sums it up...There is only one thing that i would like to add. I have ridden in and behind both of these boats, and I can tell you that in a situation where there is going to be rough water the XLV would be my choice by far. The supra was a great boat, but my girlfriend and I both thought it was like ridding in a lsv when it came to smoothness in rough water (you just get thrown around a lot).

SUMMIT

Aquaholic
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm 99.9% am making the right choice. One of the coolest things in the boat decision process was going to the plant for a tour. My girl friend and I went in the second week of Oct and meet with Trey. We, ...well I, was impressed with the manufacturing practices that Skiers Choice is doing today to make quailty boat. I found out the other day that the boat is done and I am about to BUST. Its suppose to go to the dealer in a week or so. Anyway I just exicited and like talking about the boat.

Zach

wakeboarder23
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
definetly the right boat. i know a pro wakeboarder who has had supras and now has the new malibu wakesetter. he prefers the mobius lsv with options such as pp, 3 ballasts and a hydraulic wakeplate.