PDA

View Full Version : Profile/User names

you da man
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Some are more obvious than others but how or why did you choose you user name? Mine is because I've been an avid golfer since I was 5yrs old. I'm a 2-3 handicap and my friends are a bunch of clowns on the course and will yell "you da man" sometimes when I tee off

wolfeman131
12-02-2010, 12:58 PM
nice thread. thought about this a couple of time myself.

my last name is "Wolfe." High school and college friends added the "man." The "131" is for my birthday - January 31st.

brain_rinse
12-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Mine username is to celebrate my favorite wakeboarding move - the frontside 90, aka brain rinse, faceplant, and scorpion.

zabooda
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Mine has no meaning at all. In the early days of internet, I would change ISPs so I could get that free month or two of service so I made up a name that was short and not copied by someone else and I would jump to another ISP. I could also tell where I have been as that name was already used. I get on a few other sites so if you see a "zabooda" out there it is me. When I give my email address over the phone, phonetically (pardon the pun) it is easy to spell out. Someone on line once thought it meant something in Russian.

moombadaze
12-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Mine-well not sure, wife actually came up with but could have had something to do with that movie "Dazed and confused"?

Other name I have on other forums is Arrowhand-cause I shot a arrow into my left hand-dont ask. Lets just say pulling it all the way back out was not what I would call fun, but was kinda funny watching my wife freak out bigtime :rolleyes:

sandm
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
my first name is scott, my ex wifes first name is marla. we went by sandm, as in s&m since we have been on the internet. divorced early this year, so not sure what I would really change to. she doesn't use any online forums, so I guess really no reason to right now...

short story, tried to get sandm put on my license plates years ago. got it approved, then got a call 2 days later from the dmv manager and she told me "absolutely no way that is going on". I told her why? it's just our initials. she said "you know what it means just as much as I do". end of story and had to pick something else :)

oh ya, good thread btw... will be interested to see other's responses.

jester
12-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Sandm, I have no clue what it really means. It is just another DMV person using their power because they can. In Oregon i have seen some offensive plates but they let them do it.

moombadaze, That is a great movie.

As far as my name is I have been Jester since the beginning. I use to have Jester all over the internet but most of my first emails have been deleted because of too much spam. I use to have it on Hotmail but it was deleted because of an "Upgrade" and someone took it before I could get it again. My all time move is Top Gun and I was Jester since i was ahead of the game. All of my friends just call me Jester since that was my gaming handle for so many years.

sailing217
12-02-2010, 01:58 PM
grew up sailing and was my favorite sport till we moved away from the lake. 216 area code for our primary email address. ---Now I gotta make a wave to Surf with a BOAT, who would have thunk it???

SandM: I thought it was short for Sandman, at least that's an excuse you could use (-:

newty
12-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Great thread!
I used to work graveyards in a big process plant with an intercom/PA system. We would always try to out due each other by paging each other with annoying nicknames that played off of either your name or a characteristic of of the person you paged. One night my buddy paged "RYAN NEWTY" and I heard the whole plant erupt in laughter. I hated it at first but then like anything else you get used to it and now I'm rather proud of it.

Canuckle Head
12-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I am a Vancouver Canucks fan. They are affectionately refered to as "Canuckle Heads"

sandm
12-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Sandm, I have no clue what it really means. It is just another DMV person using their power because they can. In Oregon i have seen some offensive plates but they let them do it.

Jester- nws :) it's all right here, just ignore #2 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=s%26m

SandM: I thought it was short for Sandman, at least that's an excuse you could use (-:
believe me, I worked it for 15 minutes on the phone but she was not budging.. it's actually all good as I'd have to get rid of them now...

jester
12-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Nothing wrong with a little S & M, Spaghetti and Meatballs. If you want too you can make any set of words or letters dirty.

jmvotto
12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Funny thread. SandM now has a completely different meaning to me:p

i will probably ruin your original thoughts on mine.. here goes.

JMV are my initials and as Newty states nicknames that you first hate can certainly change. "otto" was my nickname in college because iw would have the stereo on loud, TV on a football game all whlie doing my school work. Sooo one of my roommates got annoyed and started calling "One or The Other" OTO which quickily became OTTO Kinda Funny.

YDM S&M & OTTO should all have a golf skins games at some moomba outing sometime:D

sandm
12-02-2010, 07:04 PM
bring it on, as long as there is handicapping involved. I think my last registered one was a 15, and can probably play to an 11 or so right now... you all better be careful tho after seeing what my username is. never know what my "proper" golf attire is ;)

kaneboats
12-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Kane is my middle name and my godfather's name. When I had to make a name for ebay about 10 years ago I couldn't get anything to work. I was looking for boat parts at the time so Kaneboats was pretty natural. It also sounds kind of like a small rowboat dealership or something: "Kane Boats". :)

gonracn
12-02-2010, 07:11 PM
I am an avid Drag Racer. So when I am not out on the water, I am Gone Racing!!

KSmith
12-02-2010, 08:02 PM
It is becoming apparent to me that I have no imagination... K is for Kraig and...

jmb
12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
jmb is just my initials.

cab13367
12-02-2010, 08:45 PM
cab13367 is my username at work (first 3 letters of last name followed by employee #). It meets the criteria for usernames for most sites so I use it for everything. That way, I don't have to remember multiple usernames. Nothing interesting as some of you others, just practical :)

deafgoose
12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Mine was given to me automatically when signing up to xbox live many years ago.

It stuck with me ever since. :)

skiyaker
12-02-2010, 09:41 PM
before I bought my moomba I spent a lot of time tooling around the local waters on a kayak. On the kayak fishing forums I'm known as "eyeyaker" and in fact I have a custom walleye pole with that name inscribed. For a while I thought I might buy an RV called an R-Pod and use it to kayak around the nation- on that forum I'm Podyaker. well instead of buying an RV I went with the moomba- and I like to ski so here I'm known as "skiyaker" though since I've had the moomba I've kind of neglected the kayaks- I think I only had them out 3 or 4 times last year.

T100
12-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I own an old Toyota T100 truck (1998), my day to day truck and my puller, love my truck.
T100 use to be my user name on the Toyota Marine "Epic" web site when I use looking at buying a 2001 Epic SX. Then I decided to buy a Moomba Mobius LSV.

jmvotto
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Mine was given to me automatically when signing up to xbox live many years ago.

It stuck with me ever since. :)

cool i got some weird "borealis008" when we just got our Kinnects on the xbox 360, expensive toy to get streaming netflix;)

bring it on, as long as there is handicapping involved. I think my last registered one was a 15, and can probably play to an 11 or so right now... you all better be careful tho after seeing what my username is. never know what my "proper" golf attire is ;)

Just don't bring Laksmonolla saran wrap shorts...LOL

04OUTBACK
12-02-2010, 10:59 PM
guess mine..
ha
worked fine when I had an 04 Outback. can't just easily change it to 06LSV..

viking
12-02-2010, 11:54 PM
born a MN Vikings fan and use it all over the internet. Sometimes it's taken so I'm viking00. The #'s represent how many superbowls we've won :( Don't think I'll have to worry about changing it anytime soon!!

moombahighrider
12-03-2010, 01:56 AM
One of my other toys is a ducati monster. When I joined the monster forum years ago I chose monsterhighrider as I live at 7000 elevation and work at 9000- 12000 elevation. I decided to keep the forum name similar here seeing as i boat at anywhere from 5000-8000 elevation regularly, unless I am at lake powell.

smokedog2
12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Smokedog is the nickname of my oldest German shorthaired pointer. At the lake she will join us around the fire and jump at the sparks biting them. Fun to watch and I like sitting around the fire as well, thus I'm smokedog2 -- Although I have yet to actually try eating a glowing ember.

Headed to the hospital. My wife had a very unexpected surgery two days ago. I'm quite confident she would be dead in any other country in the world. She will be fine - 16 cm mass blocking her urinary track but not cancerous - Sometimes we forget just how blessed we are to live in this country.

If your wife has not been to an OBGYN in the last year or so, she needs to go - EVERY year! No BS, make her go. Drive her if you have to.

SD2

jmvotto
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Give our best to Mrs. SD2 and a speedy recovery.

sandm
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Just don't bring Laksmonolla saran wrap shorts...LOL

if it's nice out, I hear ed has quite a collection of "warm weather" gear that might just fit the bill :p

kaneboats
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Smokedog, very glad to hear your wife is going to be OK. Enjoy the season of thanksgiving and holiday blessings!

wolfeman131
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM
^^ditto on what kane said!

bergermaister
12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Another 'all the best' to your wife SmokeDog.
Mine doesn't have anything to do with the old "Santa Claus is comin to town" Christmas movie, although the timing of this topic is pretty fitting.

When I was a youngster I worked at Les Schwab and everyone had a nickname, some unmentionable. "Berg" is part of my last name so IceBerg and BergMan were a few but they never stuck. A few years later after college we used to play some networked computer games (Quake) after hours at work every once in a while along with beer and pizza. One guy started bringing in his home brews. Somehow Berglund and Brewmaister got mixed together and it stuck.

This was great fun until the company discovered what we were "working late" on and shut us down - that was our story anyway...

saskyrider
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm from saskatcewan and i love riding wakeboards and love the saskatchewan roughriders... kinda dualpurpose.

My other nickname is from when i worked the rigs and someone called me Geoffrey Dahmer.... Dahmer was my nickname out there till i pulled the pin and moved back to sask.

SEARK
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
When joining the forum I was under intense pressure to think of a user name on the spot and drew a blank. So I thought for a minute and said well I live in southeast Arkansas may as well use that SEARK.

Razzman
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm the mechanic and fix-it guy amongst family, friends and neighbors since most have no mechanical or home repair abilities at all. I'd give them a bad time or "razz" them about it. One day I was replacing a sprinkler head in my brother-in-laws lawn and giving him a bad time and he said "you're just the razzing man aren't you" and it stuck, over the years it was shortened to "the razzman". :p

Hillbilly
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Last name is Hill and I used to be a rodeo bullfighter, And folks called me Hillbilly.

I think that's why I have a fear of inverts. If I ever ended up upside down in the air fighting bulls I knew something was wrong. Now I find it hard to get myself into an inverted position lol.

murraymoomba
12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Murray is my last name and Moomba is my brand of boat.

dru1974
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Great thread.... Mine is very easy but canucklehead. A beauty as I am a die hard Canuck fan. Saskyrider well... Sorry lmao maybe next year right. Cheers guys

saskyrider
12-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Yep.... Bitter pill to swallow..... Again! God I hate calvillo!

Copen80
12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Great thread...

Copen is my last name, I wore #80 while playing high school and college football.

My family has always worn #24 for practically every sport, when it came time to choose numbers my sophomore year of high school, 24 was taken. I chose 80 based on a team photo taken when my Dad was a senior, he was wearing #80 because he played tight end; in that era they held true to the numbering system assigned to positions. When I went to college the first day I reported to camp, all of our gear was in our assigned lockers, to my surprise, and pleasure, there was ole #80 on all of my equipment.

I've been attached to it ever since.

Lawdog
12-07-2010, 02:24 AM
From the movie Tombstone when the cowboys call Wyatt Earp a Lawdog. I figure I would rather be called a Lawdog than Popo, Pig, Oinker or 5-oh. I use the same name on other forums as well but sometimes I add my "badge number" 2131 to the end.

mmandley
12-07-2010, 01:46 PM
This is a cool thread, my user name is so much simpler

its my first name initial and last name lol.

Mike
Mandley

Now my password has a much better story but i cant talk about that LOL

jester
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Now my password has a much better story but i cant talk about that LOL
Mike, We are always around to hear a good story.

Hutch5
12-07-2010, 04:50 PM
last name = hutchins, so Hutch has always been a nickname...there are 5 wakeboarders in our clan..

jamie_abb
12-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Damn...I had 50 posts before I realized we could use cool names,

Ed ...can I change my name..40yovirgin, actuallly that's my D&D site name.....Mackwake would be nice. My daughter is Mack and you know the rest.

Mackwake
formerly Jamie_Abb

Keeping my chiropractor in business is what I do.

schuylski
12-08-2010, 12:06 AM
schuylski- Schuylkill River with well... skiing. Grew up skiing there behind my parents American Skier - and its the only place that qualifies as "THE river" to me.

Our joke is drink enough of it and it's sure to kill ya.... not exactly pristine.

ORboatpilot
12-08-2010, 01:30 AM
My user name came from having a flying boat. Oregon Boat Pilot
This is an Avid Catalina on Owhyee lake in Eastern Oregon.

http://www.pilotfriend.com/experimental/images2/51.jpg

KG's Supra24
12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure i could have picked an easier forum name .... My fav # always has been 24, though.

harmsway
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Harms is the last name. Harms way or no way. "In Harms Way"
I always use some form of this in the cyber world. lol

FargoDawg
12-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I live in fargo
I am a UGA fan=
FargoDawg

dont know if I am to lazy or not creative enough to try to figure something else out....allthough it is usually easy to get as a user name

kaneboats
12-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Yea, I don't suppose they are standing 3 deep in line for that one. :)

Hoopskier
12-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Last name; Hoops. I like to ski. So add it up and you have Hoopskier.

WaterBullDawg1980
12-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Mine is the coolest ever. :)

Water= I love the water.
BullDawg= University of Georgia fan
1980= Could go two ways. 1. Year of birth 2. Last year UGA won a national championship. Which is ridiculous in my opinion.

WaterBullDawg1980
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I live in fargo
I am a UGA fan=
FargoDawg

dont know if I am to lazy or not creative enough to try to figure something else out....allthough it is usually easy to get as a user name

Why would a good DAWG be in Fargo??

FargoDawg
12-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I am pretty much alone up here. Been a UGA fan for 20 years just never moved out of the cold. Usually have to order from the bookstore to get my needs met.

mmandley
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Mike, We are always around to hear a good story.

Ok well its just the password for this site i always add numbers and speacial characters for everything else. Ill still miss spell it in the story for security.

Have you ever watched the movie With Slyvester Stalone and Wiesly Sniped Demolishion Man.

Snipes is in a chair, all cuffed up and getting a Parol Board hearing in the beginning, then the Warden is being taunted by Snipes, so the Warden asks Snipes if he has anything usefull to say.

Snipes Says Dead e man but a much different spelling.

Then Sniped procedure to reak havic on the town untill finaly caught in the end of the movie.

So thats what i use as a password. It goes good with my nick name Malo = mean one or villan

rdlangston13
12-13-2010, 03:42 PM
mine by far has the best story...rd is my first two initials for Robert David, and Langston is well my last name. Now 13 comes into the picture because when i first made an AOL instant messenger account way back in the day i was 13 years old. now I am 23 and and i just kept the 13. my user name for virtually everything is rdlangston13, makes it easy

kaneboats
12-13-2010, 05:01 PM
You're right. That's good. Can't wait for the movie.

yager97
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
yager, is slang for beer in some parts of ontario, and 97 is my hockey number. also