PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap!!! You guys better jump on this

you da man
11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
HSE Revolution 50% off
http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=280

DOCDRS
11-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow , I am so close to pulling the trigger on this......new model coming out? or is there something better coming along?

How hard is it to find the analog rpm signal?

you da man
11-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Wow , I am so close to pulling the trigger on this......new model coming out? or is there something better coming along?

Doubt anything new or better is coming out but at this price it's a no brainer. Plus it performs better than Boost Box.

sandm
11-28-2010, 04:25 PM
only one input/output plus an aux input means that if you are currently running front/rear/sub off your deck, you lose that ability with this.
the price is nice, but I would end up then spending cash on patch cables or another volume control to give me the boat/tower fading and sub level control..

do research before jumping on this and finding out you now need more parts :)

jmvotto
11-28-2010, 05:09 PM
If i have one set of RCA's going from the HU to my ws 420, this looks like it should work between the two???

you da man
11-28-2010, 05:30 PM
If i have one set of RCA's going from the HU to my ws 420, this looks like it should work between the two???

That's how Earmark Marine did mine.

you da man
11-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Give this a look...

http://www.hsetrident.com/PDF/Owner_Manual_Complete.pdf

DOCDRS
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
where is the analog rpm sensor hooked up to? under the dash or did you have to get the tach signal generator?

Razzman
11-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't need it, just another gizmo to get people to spend hard earned cash. When the day comes that i can't reach for a knob or the remote button then i'd better just climb into a wheelchair imo. :cool:

you da man
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't need it, just another gizmo to get people to spend hard earned cash. When the day comes that i can't reach for a knob or the remote button then i'd better just climb into a wheelchair imo. :cool:

We don't need perfect pass ($1,000) or cruise control but it makes it easier...so does this. I've never seen anyone who bought one and said they wished they hadn't. In addition, you might not need it when you're driving but other less experienced drivers don't even have to worry about tower speakers anymore. Some of us like to board with music but with less experienced drivers you just hope they can drive the boat and you don't bother with giving them extra duties of tower speaker volume.

Razzman
11-28-2010, 08:39 PM
We don't need perfect pass ($1,000) or cruise control but it makes it easier...so does this. I've never seen anyone who bought one and said they wished they hadn't. In addition, you might not need it when you're driving but other less experienced drivers don't even have to worry about tower speakers anymore. Some of us like to board with music but with less experienced drivers you just hope they can drive the boat and you don't bother with giving them extra duties of tower speaker volume.

Like i said it was just my opinion. Btw, i don't have PP or use the cruise either and nobody else drives my boat but the wife or grandson on rare occasions :p

Hillbilly
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
With the amount you save you could then get an eq.

It is a cool feature to be able to use, And I feel that I am pretty capable as a human being and it is way easier then messing with the mute on the remote .

You can use the aux input and run an Ipod through that and not need a head unit also if so desired I believe.

I would recommend it, No it's not necessary but it is convenient.

scoot_gt
11-29-2010, 12:02 AM
where is the analog rpm sensor hooked up to? under the dash or did you have to get the tach signal generator?

Anyone got one installed that can answer this?

you da man
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Anyone got one installed that can answer this?

I have one but my entire system was installed by Earmark Marine. I'll have to check under the dash and trace the gray wire to see if it's to the tach or the engine harness.

scoot_gt
11-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I have one but my entire system was installed by Earmark Marine. I'll have to check under the dash and trace the gray wire to see if it's to the tach or the engine harness.

Thanks YDM. I sent Earmark a quick question as well to ask about installation on Moombas for those of us nowhere near TX! :)

Hillbilly
11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Mine was installed at Acme tops and tunes in Sacramento but I have a call in to ask about the tach wire.

But I never heard of it needing another piece added to it.

I will ask if they know what wire color it is and how to locate it, It was installed a couple years ago but they might remember?

EarmarkMarine
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Moomba/Supras do not need the supplemental piece that reads the alternator cable. Just use the single tach wire. We simply call the dealer for each boat brand. The install of the HSE is a breeze.
David
Earmark Marine

jmvotto
11-30-2010, 09:54 AM
From earmarks detail on the HSE revolution.

"Pre-2008 Mercruiser, like Sanger and Centurion, may require the 454T tach signal generator. Also, if you have a recent boat where you are discouraged from tapping into a wire that may be connected to an engine management system (Malibu Medallion, for example) then simply add the 454T tach signal generator. This is easy to install and totally reliable"

looks like moomba are good to go.

you da man
11-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Mine was installed at Acme tops and tunes in Sacramento but I have a call in to ask about the tach wire.

But I never heard of it needing another piece added to it.

I will ask if they know what wire color it is and how to locate it, It was installed a couple years ago but they might remember?

It's the gray wire

dru1974
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Did they give you a discount to come on the forum and tout this product, I mean half the responses on this thread are from you, when I first read it a few days ago it seemed fishy.

you da man
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Did they give you a discount to come on the forum and tout this product, I mean half the responses on this thread are from you, when I first read it a few days ago it seemed fishy.

Nope, no discount for me since I've had mine since last April. I was actually helping my friend's wife look for a Christmas gift for their SANTE and I knew my friend didn't have a volume controller. I went on Earmark's website and was surprised how discounted it was. There's nothing more I can add to my system so there is nothing in this for me other than knowing I've helped other boat owners save some cash on a very good product. I've posted several other discounts or coupons for other brands as well. Seems you have a personal issue with me lately. In addition to trying to belittle other members. We don't see any Skiers Choice reps chime in on our issues but yet alot of members promote their boats. At least the Earmark, Kicker, and Exile are fairly active in here

jmvotto
11-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Dru. I doubt it. YDM had this installed a while ago and touts good deals when they come about.

He has had a great experience with Earmark with his install so i think it great he passed it along to the moomba board. he also passed it along to WW.

We are fortunate that we have members spelling out deals for its members. The forum is patrolled very well so if this was some sort of self dealing advertising then i think it would get squashed... IMHO

EarmarkMarine
11-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Earmark has many customers from this forum. Not once have we arranged for a member or customer to promote us or any current special in exchange for free product or discounts. You Da Man is simply a good and interested customer who is also an active, informative forum member on a number of topics. We have not had a conversation in any form about this product or special to date.
However, I know for a fact that such arrangements do frequently happen. I have been approached by members in the past who are openly seeking an exchange of product or deeper discount for promotion. And, I have declined. The adminisration has allowed this practice when it was initiated by a member rather than the company. Even when an advanced arrangement has been very obvious I have yet to see the real thing called out on this forum/caregory. So, this seems to be an odd instance to criticize.
In the past I have chimed in on a topic with specifics when we offered something of value related to that subject and my self promotional post was deleted...which I completely understand and have no issue with.

David
Earmark Marine

kaneboats
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Well if they wanted someone to toot their horn they could start with me. I'd do it in a minute if they gave me some free stuff! That goes for anyone else out there too. Hello. Hello? Silence.

sandm
11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
ya, I'll toot up earmark all day long and the bullets that I bought from them.. finished an awesome stereo...

now my free hse can be sent to the following address..... :)

dru1974
11-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Lmao that's some good reply's and it's good to see moderators chime in. It just read that way and ydm I really don't have a problem with you so in the spirit of the season. I don't know if u can see but I am waving a white flag. But just read the whole thread. It just seemed that way.

brain_rinse
11-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Dru, I can't fault you for being suspicious. I haven't seen it as much on this forum much but on wakeworld it's painfully obvious that many of those rave reviews are thanks to a steep discount on the product. It's easy to love something you got for half price! It just makes being an educated consumer a little more challenging.

YDM, thanks for passing on the great deals!

DOCDRS
12-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Moomba/Supras do not need the supplemental piece that reads the alternator cable. Just use the single tach wire. We simply call the dealer for each boat brand. The install of the HSE is a breeze.
David
Earmark Marine

thanks for the answer David, I just ordered one for my 09 21V.....an early xmas present :)
Doug

scoot_gt
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks for the answer David, I just ordered one for my 09 21V.....an early xmas present :)
Doug

Yes, Thanks David! Santa better be ordering me one ASAP!