PDA

View Full Version : Volume Control?

usaski1
11-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I've got an 08 Outback, but I hate the built in remote by the throttle and transom. The buttons don't work well at all. So, I either want to swap out this remote for one that works, and the buttons are better, or swap out something that has a real knob for volume control. Any ideas?

moombahighrider
11-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I think that you will find swapping the remotes out for something else the best way to go. Do a search on it and you will find plenty of info on what other guys have done to improve your experience. my remotes stick sometimes so I have to be careful not to turn it up too much at once or else the wife gets mad at me:rolleyes: you might check that your wiring connections are nice and tight, maybe it does not respond well because of a faulty connection?

you da man
11-25-2010, 04:13 PM
There's a Kenwood remote shaped just like the stock one and the buttons are much better.

usaski1
11-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah, the kca-rc100mr looks pretty good, even has a screen, and I just
e-bay'd one for 50$ shipped. Also looking at the kenwood HD radio add on. Might do that too. Hopefully the rc100mr will work good. I almost blew out my speakers as vol went to max and would not turn down with the stock moomba remote, its a POS.

you da man
11-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Stock remotes do suck. I'm happy with the Wetsounds 420 EQ plus like the PA feature which I do use often

DOCDRS
11-25-2010, 09:00 PM
the ws 420 is nice as you not only get the pa system.......freaks people out on the lake......but you can separately and easily adjust the equalizer for both the boat and the towerspeakers independantly but it does cost more. its chevy vs cadillac

jmvotto
11-25-2010, 10:51 PM
the ws 420 is nice as you not only get the pa system.......freaks people out on the lake......but you can separately and easily adjust the equalizer for both the boat and the towerspeakers independantly but it does cost more. its chevy vs cadillac

x3 on the ws 420. i only use the drivers side remote to mute and un mute when picking up riders maybe i will add the HSE volume control

Hillbilly
11-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I have an HSE volume control and love it ! I also have the Trident speaker box which is stupid loud.

The HSE I think is a couple hundred but well worth it after you use it for a bit. Seems pricey now but once you use it it is so nice.

maxpower220
11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
I bought a Clarion LCD wired remote for mine. It works great and I can see the channel, song, etc that is going on with the radio. Bought it off of ebay for $15.

jmvotto
11-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I have an HSE volume control and love it ! I also have the Trident speaker box which is stupid loud.

The HSE I think is a couple hundred but well worth it after you use it for a bit. Seems pricey now but once you use it it is so nice.

was the rpm hook hard? the throttle box seems to go off HU output.

Hillbilly
11-28-2010, 02:15 AM
I actually had a shop install it but I am now friends with the manager and we ride together so I can ask him what wire and how hard to locate if you want ?

usaski1
12-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Wil the clarion MW-1 or M301rc work with the factory kenwood deck?