PDA

View Full Version : lost keys

devin
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
I have loste the keys for my 2001 outback. I know that some boat keys are universal but this is my first Moomba. I need to winterwize this week and may have to go buy a new switch if I can't find a location to get a key. can anyone offer any assistance? thanks, Devin

Moseley618
11-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Take your boat to a boat dealer and they have a ring of keys that will fit any boat. Apparently there are only so many keys for all boats once you know what key blank it takes there should be a letter on your ignition like:G,F,H or so on and they just match up the key blank with the letter. My dealer never needs my key to work on my boat, in fact they won't even let me leave one with them. He pulls out a key ring with about 50 keys on it and says it is one of these. Once they know what key it is then they can cut you one. Hope this helps.

04OUTBACK
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
also, it is a very basic ignition switch. you can find a basic replacement at Auto Zone for like $10
I lost my keys one weekend and bought one.. 3-4 wires. easy.. just disconnect battery while doing it! (trust me!)

kaneboats
11-23-2010, 11:44 AM
There's a whole thread you can search for -- eliminate the key and go to a push button start if you like.