PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

deerfield
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
I plan on going to this event tomorrow. Venue is the Rosemont Convention Center near Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. I think the chairman or owner of the event is a Moomba Outback owner. Have had this as a save-the-date on my calendar since early this year. Anything in particular of which you guys want me to capture and post a picture?

sandm
11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
mmmmmm....
one of my fav. muscle cars: 1969 Mustang Mach I with the 351c motor. dad had one as a kid. only mach with quad headlights. white body, red stripe and flat black shaker hood.

have a good time. wish I was there. nothing like drooling over some 60's eyecandy :)

kaneboats
11-19-2010, 03:07 PM
It's a slow time of year around here. Please post pics of anything you see that you like. I love the old vettes-- who doesn't?

sandm
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
meh, old vette's are kinda ugly. especially the 50's models with anemic engines to boot :) :)
now I could stare all day at camaro's, stangs, cuda's, and who could not fall in love with the clothesdryer rack on the back of the roadrunners :)

like kane says tho. anything will be nice to look at. I can appreciate the time and energy anyone puts into a classic even if it's not what I would buy.

one request: post pics of either cars a father/son built with a story or (somewhat) daily drivers. nothing worse than looking at cars that some rich sob drops 100k for that has a plastic engine block for show and tires that will never see asphalt..

deerfield
11-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Got your requests. Going this afternoon. Look for pics this evening.

deerfield
11-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Fabulous time. More than 500 classic cars under one roof. My favorite? A two-door black 69' Charger RT. Congratulations to Moomba Outback owner Ashton family on organizing and producing a great event. Found a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, but had the 428 engine. Lots of old vettes, as well as Camaros and cudas. Was not able to confirm a real father/son project car. Spotted a blown vette. Actually had two turbos, putting out 1,000 HP. Link will take you to my album page. Select "2010 Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals." Enjoy!

https://forum.moomba.com/album.php?u=2847

moombadaze
11-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for sharing-some real nice cars in there.

But what the heck was the red car in the background on photo 17

bashton
02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Just spotted these pics...awesome!

We had a great show and 2011 is going to be even better.

The car behind the grey AMX in pic 17 is an AMC Spirit/AMX that was modified for SCCA racing. Cool car indeed! It was in a 12 car display of AMC muscle called the "AMC-Ya" display. The guys who organized the display are working on putting together an even bigger display for 2011 with differant AMC's.

Thanks for posting the pics and please mark 11-19/11-20 on your calendar!

Bashton