PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an axle problem

murraymoomba
11-16-2010, 08:24 PM
On my 07 single axle boatmate trailer my tires do not sit 90 degrees to the pavement anymore. The inside of the tires are showing more wear than the outside. I don't remember this when it was new.
Every trip to the lake puts about 100 miles on the trailer.
Does anyone else have this problem?

lsvboombox
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
On my 07 single axle boatmate trailer my tires do not sit 90 degrees to the pavement anymore. The inside of the tires are showing more wear than the outside. I don't remember this when it was new.
Every trip to the lake puts about 100 miles on the trailer.
Does anyone else have this problem?

were they marathons by any chance? I think there was a problem with some of the marathons causing them to wear uneven..

murraymoomba
11-16-2010, 08:52 PM
were they marathons by any chance? I think there was a problem with some of the marathons causing them to wear uneven..

Maxxis load range e new last summer. Seems to me tire and wheel not square anymore. You can see it in the mirror going down the road.

moombadaze
11-17-2010, 08:37 AM
leaf spring solid axle or torsion independent axle ?

If its the second then get it to a dealer as its sounds like the rubber in the torsion part has gone bad and that can be very bad going towing down the road

murraymoomba
11-17-2010, 05:46 PM
leaf spring solid axle or torsion independent axle ?

If its the second then get it to a dealer as its sounds like the rubber in the torsion part has gone bad and that can be very bad going towing down the road

Torsion axle

brain_rinse
11-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Definitely an issue but not sure if it's the same issue others have had. When mine failed it stuffed the tire up in the fender but didn't appear to change the camber. But definitely get it looked at ASAP.

murraymoomba
11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
thanks for the replies

murraymoomba
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Boatmate thinks my spindles are bent. They think it was done by hitting a curb. I don't think both sides see that many curbs.
Almost $300 for parts!!!
I think I might try this myself??????