PDA

View Full Version : Show us your boat dock

vaalguy
11-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey guys

im new here and im from South Africa im the new proud owner of on 09 supra launch 20ssv,

loving all the pics of your guys boats but hey how about where your boat lives i always found docks interesting and would be nice to see the different set ups every one has

its a bad pic but will get some more soon

lsvboombox
11-16-2010, 09:07 AM
no pics handy but I have the EZ dock system.....

is that tile you have on your dock/bulkhead?

vaalguy
11-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey LSVBOOM

Yeah i bought a house which is in a bush estate on the vaal river, awesome place as we are totally in the bush like the kruger park, have awesome buck and zebras etc running around,

sadly we are kind of limited to what we can build on the river as too keep the estate as natural as possible.

so i literally have a long jetty about 25m along the bank with a wooden deck behind you on the pic, tiled the jetty with basic tile and added a roughner which they use in factories so you wont slip so its like that wet deck kinda feel on the tile which is nice, easy to keep clean bird cr@p etc so yeah, looking to put a system like yours but hey the import duties kill us here seems that boats and products from the states carry about 40% increase on your dollar price haha, so boating here is quite a luxury pasttime

vaalguy
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
We also have a mini marina in the estate

there are +- 100 houses which you cant see hidden in the bush but not all the houses on on the water so this serves them to get on the water, also nice to tie up boat when the water is rough as we all know how wake can hammer your boat.

MartinCaron
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=314&pictureid=2891
https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=314&pictureid=2891

vaalguy
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey martin nice setup looks like you get some good glass there

MartinCaron
11-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey martin nice setup looks like you get some good glass there

It can get as low as -40 during winter here. Thermos windows are not an option

vaalguy
11-16-2010, 01:09 PM

jeez man, so you have seriously huge climate changes damn

BensonWdby
11-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Here is ours before the canopy:
http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/~bensonwdby/LakeHome/mobius_sunrise.JPG

04OUTBACK
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
a couple of mine.. bad phone shots..

deafgoose
11-18-2010, 02:35 AM

He was talking about the smooth looking water, not the windows. lol

MartinCaron
11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Doh!

My english skills are limited, but I'm working on it

deerfield
11-19-2010, 11:47 PM
vaalguy - Congratulations on the Supra. Nice boat. The setup for our boat is a Shorestation lift w/ canopy on Lake Mary, about an hour north of our home. Easy in/easy out with pier on three sides. When we want a break from activity we just slide her onto the bunks and hang out in the shade. Perfect spot to enjoy food and drink while listening to music and watching the lake action. - Deerfield

rc5695
11-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Hopefully I'll have one to add here in a few months. Put our house for sale this weekend and are looking for a place in SC on Lake Keowee or Lake Hartwell...We'll see... I sure miss living on the lake, esp. after see y'alls great pics!