PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye 2010, it was a good year!

11-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Well, I winterized the boat last week and tonight, it looks like the snow has shown up and here is here to stay. Boat is tucked away, all the gear is washed and packed away and it looks like 5 months till I'll see open water again.

But what a great year it was. We put on 100 hours and basiclly ALL of it was wakeboarding. Did a couple road trips with family and friends this year, entered and rode in provincials and Nationals and finally landed a couple tricks I've been dreaming of for years, 360's and Raileys. Got to watch my daughter get up on the Ski Trainer for the first time at the age of 4, that was one of the biggest hi lights of them all.

I have to say that buying this boat was probably the best big purchase I will ever make.

Goodbye 2010, we'll miss you. 2011 watchout, you have a lot of hype to live up too, but somehow I don't think it will be a problem!

sandm
11-16-2010, 08:06 AM
2010 was the lowest year yet for hours on mine. weather was nasty and didn't really get nice until the end of July. had some good times, but glad we are getting ready to move onto a new year :)

jmvotto
11-16-2010, 09:52 AM
nice pic, u hanging 10 on a booted wakeboard or wakeskate?

zabooda
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
2010 was a good year for skiing as I did more than the last two years. sandm and someone from the west side of the state had some bad weather but it was really good here. Usually we have more wind than we did this summer but then I start getting out toward the end of June through September. The two boat camping trips were dry and warm also and I only put 22 hours on the boat. I got out for about two ski runs a week from July through September.

11-16-2010, 05:15 PM
jmvotto, ya, I was hanging 10 on a wakeboard with boots. Here I am getting up for the end of the last ride of the year.

http://vimeo.com/16897543

jimmobius
11-17-2010, 12:23 AM
It was a good season for us too. We did our Montana trip for 2 weeks, had outstanding water and only 1 bad weather day. Most of the season here in Colorado was pretty good , my local lake for the most part was ok, we had some butter water a few days. We did make it to Navajo lake in SW Colorado one of my favorite lakes . Had outstanding water/weather there. Didn't get to Arizona this fall, my sister was out of state for the week and the weather didn't seem to want to cooperate so I guess it was meant to be..

Jim

moombadaze
11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
10 was good for us, got to hang with with some great other Moomba owners, put some hrs on the boat-just not enough, no boat issues. 10 is not over yet-one more get together planned for the sunday after T-day then its time to look forwards to 2011--heck I'm allready looking at vacation cabins on a lake to rent for the big trip next summer.

newty
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
2010 was the lowest year yet for hours on mine. weather was nasty and didn't really get nice until the end of July. had some good times, but glad we are getting ready to move onto a new year :)

Kinda what I was thinking. Hopes are high for next year.

saskyrider
11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Nicely done Levi!!!!! it's hockey time here as the ice has been on the sloughs and ponds for a while... the lake will be frozen over soon! Can't wait for next spring though.... just got to use my LSV enough towards the end of the year to really whet my appetite for next year!!! Lots of mods to do to it in the spring to!

Geoff