PDA

View Full Version : Mobius LS custom cover

harmsway
11-15-2010, 10:07 PM
We bought a LS a couple of months ago & like a few others in the forum it would not fit in our garage. I just can't stand to have a boat outside, so we broke down & decided to build a custom Mobius LS cover. This is the second week of the build & everthing is going good. Here is a few pics of our build.

moombadaze
11-16-2010, 08:09 AM
looks like that cover might be a tad on the large size :D

harmsway
11-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Here is few more pics of our custom LS cover. Week 3 & the roof, ceiling, interior lights, all 3 doors are framed, wiring ruffed in & concrete has been poured.

murraymoomba
11-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Gonna be a nice building!!

harmsway
01-08-2011, 09:07 PM
These pics are actully from the last week in December. Hopefully we should have the final inspection this week coming up.

kaneboats
01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Looking real good. Where's the boat in the meantime?

scoot_gt
01-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Two things -

(1) They have inspections in NC?!? ;)

(2) How much to build me one of these in Alabama? :D

harmsway
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Looking real good. Where's the boat in the meantime?

Unfortunatley it was outside under a tarp for the last 3 months. All of my other boats I have owned in the past have always been garaged, but the LS was about 6" to long for our other garage. It bothered me to see it outside every time I passed the boat. The Mobius looks good under its new cover. Can't wait to finalize everything.

harmsway
01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Two things -

(1) They have inspections in NC?!? ;)

(2) How much to build me one of these in Alabama? :D

(1) Any building in NC over 10' x 12' that is built legally requires permits and to be inspected by county inspectors. The only exception is pole buildings built strictly for agriculture use.

(2) Hmmm

viking
01-11-2011, 01:00 AM
OK - I'm jealous :shock:

newty
01-12-2011, 03:52 PM
OK I hate to be so negative but that cover may flap and scratch your boat while towing, it looks a little big.
You better come out and build me one just so I can make sure it fits the boat properly.;)

Seriously that will be nice when its done. Love the pull through.

harmsway
02-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Just waiting for the weather to warm up & the ground to dry out so we can pour the concrete in front of the shop. Here are the latest pictures.

wolfeman131
02-03-2011, 08:41 AM
FAN-FRIGGIN' TASTIC!!!

You got power to the trailer so the fridge (and required beverages inside) are nice & cold?

mmandley
02-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow Harms, thats one impressive set up. Most guys are lucky to have a house with a garage big enough to keep there baby inside.

Here you got one big enough got the baby, big mamma camper and dad to stay inside and supervise the girls LOL.

Very impressive man first class all the way.

kaneboats
02-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Yea, you got it going on there. I wouldn't have even thought about RV storage but I love the tall doors and pull through. Daze suggested to me (when I was talking about building one if I ever get the house built) that you add fans right over the boat so you can hit the switch on the wall and dry out the boat after a long day. Not a bad idea.

harmsway
02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
FAN-FRIGGIN' TASTIC!!!

You got power to the trailer so the fridge (and required beverages inside) are nice & cold?

The camper has its own outlet & the fridge is 40 degrees & loaded.
Can't have a hiding place with out the capability of quenching your thirst.

harmsway
02-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Daze suggested to me (when I was talking about building one if I ever get the house built) that you add fans right over the boat so you can hit the switch on the wall and dry out the boat after a long day. Not a bad idea.

That is a great idea I'm going to have to give that some thought. I already have the power outlets on the ceiling for electric door openers . Hmmm.
Sure would beat the portable fan I use now.

kaneboats
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, Daze is pretty quiet but he's one of the sharpest guys I know.