PDA

View Full Version : Blowing on the exhaust?

Garn
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
In another thread it was talked about blowing air out the exhaust. I was wondering how you go about doing that? Do you blow out through the gardenhose connectors after you unscrew them to drain the exhaust manifolds?

Thanks,

Garn

cab13367
11-10-2010, 01:07 PM
In another thread it was talked about blowing air out the exhaust. I was wondering how you go about doing that? Do you blow out through the gardenhose connectors after you unscrew them to drain the exhaust manifolds?

Thanks,

Garn

Garn,

Check the underside of your muffler - is there a drain plug? There is on mine but not sure if the LS is the same.

Al

viking
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Don't know on the LS but my DD DOES NOT have a drain plug on either silencer. Talked to Ultra Marine on Monday and they indicated that there is not a problem with water in the exhaust and built so that there won't be much water left in them. Whatever is left they said will not cause any freeze damage as they are built for that.

harmsway
11-10-2010, 05:08 PM
There are no drains on the Mobius LS mufflers.

Garn
11-13-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

zabooda
11-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I never attempted to drain the exhaust but I noticed when I turned the engine over (coil wire disconnected) some water came out and I leave it at that.