PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Bindings Question

viking
11-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Anybody using the Slingshot bindings?

If so, using the Stiff D2's or the PB Floyd's?

Who likes the stiff boot vs. the softer boot and why.

Thinking about buying a new slingshot package setup and haven't heard much about their bindings?

Thanx!

you da man
11-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Both have good reviews on Wakeworld by riders who've used them. I ride Ronix One bindings and recently got the PB Floyd. They are soft and allow for poking your grabs. I've never came out of my Ronix and have only once came out of the PB Floyds. I like them overall. The D2 bindings have issues with rusting on the rivets.

you da man
11-04-2010, 12:05 PM
I ride the 2010 Slingshot Reflex, which are you looking at? I got my girl the Pearl and she likes it alot

Rodney NL
11-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I have the slingshot D3 and I think they are great I have them on a slingshot recoil board .
Great combination!!! But always try before you buy everybody is different so be sure you like theme saves you a lot off money!!

Rodney NL
11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Search on youtube on slingshot wakeboardingteam and watch how zucky ( little japanese guy ) Great movies nice style!!!:)

viking
11-04-2010, 12:39 PM
But always try before you buy everybody is different so be sure you like theme saves you a lot off money!!

Doubt I can here in Rural US. No dealer close & unless they ship demo's out I think it's safe to say I don't have that luxery?

I ride the 2010 Slingshot Reflex, which are you looking at?

Funny.........I was looking at the Reflex with PB Floyds or D2's.
I might wait till early next year though hoping the 2010's drop a $Bill and go for what the 09's are now? Wishfull thinking :)

Rodney NL
11-04-2010, 12:48 PM
The slingshot bindings are smaller than normal size so take one size bigger than your shoe size you can make the inner shoe smaller in the elektric oven

you da man
11-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Doubt I can here in Rural US. No dealer close & unless they ship demo's out I think it's safe to say I don't have that luxery?

Funny.........I was looking at the Reflex with PB Floyds or D2's.
I might wait till early next year though hoping the 2010's drop a $Bill and go for what the 09's are now? Wishfull thinking :)

2010 Slingshots are like 50% off on Slingshot website

brain_rinse
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
They are definitely improving their construction each year. Don't settle for the older models... get 2010s.

polar21
11-04-2010, 06:47 PM
I have the 2009 pb floyds and they are sick!!! I came from some old school LF super suctions so a closed toe boot was a complete upgrade. The boots are flexible yet you are not going to come out of them if you bust, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I got mine for $150 which i thought was a pretty good deal. Heck, just typing this I am jonesing to get on the water, but since I moved up to Atlanta and left the boat back in Florida, no riding for me for a while.

viking
11-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info Kyle! Good stuff :)