PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Adjustment Knob on the Dash?

cab13367
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
So I am in the middle of installing the volume control for my stereo's line driver on the aluminum looking panel where the ignition key is, and while I have the panel out, I am thinking of installing the speedometer calibration knob on this panel also. This knob is currently under and behind the dash (directly behind this panel) so it's a simple matter of just drilling one hole in the panel. I know why they put it there - so that it's not accidentally turned by the curious or by little kids - but it's not a big deal to me to readjust it. I mostly use the PP display anyway to check speed so it's not a big deal if the speedo calibration knob gets accidentally played with.

So any thoughts one way or the other on this?

Thanks,

Al

mmandley
11-02-2010, 10:42 AM
If it doesn't matter to you eighter way then why mess with it to move it? You cant see it where it is, and trust me bro, knobs you can see are going to get played with by someone, generally the driver when your in the water LOL. I'd leave the adjuster under the dash man.

dusty2221
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
+1, why add a knob that is rarely ever touched into a spot where you see it every time you are in the boat?

cab13367
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Too late, I already drilled the hole :o)

I have used it a few times to dial in the speedo as it seems to get out of adjustment once in a while and it's really inconvenient to have to reach behind the dash while I'm trying to see where I'm going and look at the gauges, all at the same time.

Maybe I'll put a "Rocket Launcher - DO NOT TOUCH" label above the knob. LOL!

Razzman
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't see where it would matter if it's on the dash Al, whatever works for you. Personally i've never had anyone mess with stuff, even the grandsons know better.

cab13367
02-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm a little late getting back to this thread but here's a pic with the tower volume knob and the speedometer adjustment knob on the dash panel. Nice to have it right there rather than having to reach under/behind the dash.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/12ae6c11.jpg

kaneboats
02-12-2011, 02:08 AM
That looks pretty slick, Al. I like having stuff close, like the cooler.