PDA

View Full Version : Outback Tower Folding back?

usaski1
10-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I have a 2008 outback DD (but 2005+ seems to be the same). I have a factory rad-a-cage tower. It folds forward, and I live on a private lake with small slip. Its a pain in the booty to dock with the tower folding forward. Anyone know if you can fold the tower back, just reverse the thumb screws, so the tower rests on the motor cover, instead ofthe bow? Anyone done this or seen it done? Keep calling Moomba, but havent taked to the right persion yet.

deerfield
10-31-2010, 08:16 PM
usaski1 - Does not work. I tried and could only get it partway back. Geometry of the pivot point is not square. Mine is on '07 Outback. Nonetheless, you should give it a try. It's possible the mounting on your particular boat is just a few degrees improved and will permit you to fold it down completely to rest on the motor box. - Deerfield

maxpower220
11-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to design a tower that folds forward. Also, who would have thought it to be good to extend beyound the front of the boat. Terrible design. Worst thought out aspect of the boat.

moombadaze
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
tried it once on the 03-didnt work just like deerfields experiance. But Im wondering if the thump screws were left loose enough it would work-other thing is the forward arms will be very high in the air