PDA

View Full Version : hard water spots

eseebeck
10-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Here is my trick and I love it, I am not a expert detailer but my boats have always looked showroom new!!

Wash the boat with a car / boat wash product and rinse

wash the boat with "lime away" tub / shower cleaner, Only on the gel and glass

Wash the boat again with car / boat wash product

Wax with Meguires Flagship Premium Marine Wax.

The lime away takes off the pretty tough waterspots and doesn't seem to remove the wax. You'll be able to tell if it removes wax when you wash with soap for a second time.

The real key to keeping you boat waterspot free is to wipe it down after every time out. Honestly, the 5 minutes it takes to wipe it off saves hours of buffing and polishing.

you da man
10-27-2010, 09:19 AM
I honestly don't see how boat owners sleep at night if they don't wipe their boats down right out of the water. If you don't wipe it down, you shouldn't complain about difficult water spots

kaneboats
10-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I honestly don't see how boat owners sleep at night if they don't wipe their boats down right out of the water.

Sleep at night? If the waterspots are the biggest problem you have that's keeping you awake at night I'd love to have your life.

you da man
10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Sleep at night? If the waterspots are the biggest problem you have that's keeping you awake at night I'd love to have your life.

Single, no kids, house paid for, sweet boat, no water spots, and a hot girlfriend almost half my age...life is good : )

Razzman
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I wipe down immediately after every outing with Babe's and i still get spots. The spots setup while on the lake, splashes & misting dries up and there isn't squat you can do about it, wax or no wax. It's a fact of life and definately not worth loosing sleep over! :p

you da man
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
I wipe down immediately after every outing with Babe's and i still get spots. The spots setup while on the lake, splashes & misting dries up and there isn't squat you can do about it, wax or no wax. It's a fact of life and definately not worth loosing sleep over! :p

Some of those Cali lakes have very high mineral content though right? The two lakes I go to are 10 min apart yet the water is totally different. My favorite one usually will leave a little scum on the hull but comes off very easy with just a damp towel. The other lake you can hardly tell my boat was in the water because the water is so clean.

I've heard a couple people using CLR on hard water spots but I don't think I can do it. That stuff is strong...just scared it would have some ill effects down the road on the gel

seanpatsdad
10-28-2010, 12:43 AM
"you da Man" You are the Man!