PDA

View Full Version : Water pressure

MM LSV
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I have an 08' LSV with the 340 motor. I have 112 hours with no issues. I just had it winterized at a local shop. They hooked it up to water to warm the engine and noticed an issue. The large water intake hose on the back was shrinking and then expanding shooting a burst of water into the engine. They said they could hear the pop of the hose when the engine cover was off. The temp has been normal during use and I never had an issue while on the water. Impeller or thermostat? My dealer said Indmar has had computer updates and my engine not been updated in a year. Just their thoughts. Ideas?

thanks,

New guy

DOCDRS
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
The fix for this is to replace your top exhaust water jacket fittings with metal /brass fittings There is also a thru drilled tstat housing to help with this problem

MM LSV
10-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I checked all around the engine and noticed antifreeze in my ballast line and a little in my bow ballast bag. My theory is the mechanic put a water line up to the right (driver's) intake under the boat thus running water/antifreeze to the ballast and not the engine. If this occurred I will have his Job.

DOCDRS
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Have you been surfing with your boat?.....If they winterized your boat, they should also winterize your ballast system.... maybe they suck up antifreeze thru your ballast intake to winterize the entire system?......
Although when ever mine did the popping usually the engine was well warmed, after being stressed then stopped for a period of time (10 to 30 minutes) and then ran in gear at idle for about 5 mins of time. Never at an idle warm up period. The top manifold fittings lose their seal (supposedly) or vapourization from the cat exhaust water jacket re enters the stat housing causing this phenomenon.