PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

Woopededoo
10-10-2004, 11:33 AM
ok, so I go out yesterday on the water and find a few problems with my new boat. I now have 14 hours on it, so I am getting close to getting it serviced for the first time. I am wondering if all these electrical problems could possible be linked to something that can easily be fixed.

First, my blower will not come on anymore. The switch lights up, but the blower will not move. I checked the breaker under the swtich and it does not feel to be poped.

Next, I noticed my fuel guage is not working. The needle is stuck way below "E", even though I just filled up. I know the fuel guage it not the most accurate thing in the world. However, before yesterday, it was atleast jumping around alittle, now its just off tot he side and not moving.

Also, My 12v plugs dont seem to be working anymore, both of them, the one by the drivers seat and the one in the glove compartment. Im not real sure of the acc switched, so I tryed the swtiched in all the different configs. I could not get my 12v air pump to work, and I know it works since I tried it on my car when I got home.

I have a 2004 moomba outback, without ballast.

Any help would be great. I hope that its something easy to fix. Otherwise, it will have to wait until I get it to its first servicing at the dealer.

Thanks!

Wake Master
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
I have a 2004 Mobius LSV and there is a main circuit breaker by the battery that controls all the accessories. I'm sure there is a main circuit breaker on your baot that feeds the circuits follow the positive battery accessory cable.

Bfrank
01-09-2005, 10:31 PM
whoopdedoo,
So what did it turn out to be?
I'm curious, what was the problem?

Bfrank
01-09-2005, 10:32 PM
whoopdedoo,
So what did it turn out to be?
I'm curious, what was the problem?

Woopededoo
01-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Im not entirely sure where, but the cause of my problems was a single plug that had come loose. Dealership fixed it while I had it in for my 20 hour service. It solved all my problems.

Bernardo
04-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I had the same problems with the pcb boards coming loose continously ie. lights wouldn't come on, no bilge, etc. Finally getting fed up I got up under the dash and looked at it. The two boards were seperating due to vibration and the blade terminals would come apart. To resolve it, I reseated all of the blade terminals properly and squeezed the boards back together. I then took 3-4 small zip ties and secured the two boards together thru the screw holes at each corner of the board (not being used).

I've never had the problem again. According to SC they were getting away from this setup. Mine is an '03 Outback, I would have thought the change to have been made by now..??

Great boat....enjoy it...get out often!!!

NC05LSV
04-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I am having the same problem with my blower not working. I have been trying to find the problem but so far no luck. I am only 7.5 hours into the break in so I didnt want to take it 1.5 hours away to get this stuff fixed just to drag it back up there in a couple more weeks. I am going to look at the board but didnt notice that when I checked earlier.....thanks

Catdog1
04-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Gasoline fumes are a lot heavier than air, so opening the cover won't remove the highest concentration of them.