PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Seadek Pad

Jon J
10-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I orderd this pad from Chuck at SeaDek last winter and installed it in the spring. Finally got around to posting these photos. Can't say enough about how much better the SeaDek is versus the stock. Money very well spent.

The HMB logo has meaning to us as we have our boat and cabin on Half Moon Bay, Sylvan Lake. I've grew up there every weekend and now raising my family doing the same. The Moomba is a part of the family so adding the HMB logo to it was a cool personal touch.

Note how well it goes with the Custom Coolies (greatest ever) thanks again to Ian!!

sandm
10-21-2010, 05:58 PM
looks good..

dru1974
10-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Dude that's pretty sweet. How do you keep your friends from scratching your black boat when they are putting there boards on?

Razzman
10-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Dude that's pretty sweet. How do you keep your friends from scratching your black boat when they are putting there boards on?

Probably the same way i do on my black LSV, sit your a$$ on the platform and put your board on in the water.

kaneboats
10-21-2010, 10:52 PM
The HMB logo has meaning to us as we have our boat and cabin on Half Moon Bay, Sylvan Lake. I've grew up there every weekend and now raising my family doing the same. The Moomba is a part of the family so adding the HMB logo to it was a cool personal touch.

Of course now you can never sell the Moomba!

lewisb13
10-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I have a loooonnngg piece of color matched vinyl on the back of my boat that gets changed yearly.

dru1974
10-22-2010, 09:05 AM
i was thinking of buying some of that clear 3M stuff to put on the back.

Jon J
10-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Hey Dru1974 - I was thinking the same thing with the 3M. I was actually looking at buying some 3M from these guys: http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html for my F150 truck. They have laser cut kits for vehicles but I see they also sell bulk sheets by the foot in 18" and 24" width. A guy could buy the bulk and run a big strip across the transom. Not sure if they ship to Canada so I was going to send it to our place in Phoenix and bring it back. If you are really interested we could set something up. I could just order what you need and mail it to you in Medicine Hat. I would think the 18" width would be perfect. Installation.....LOOKS easy but I've never done it. I just don't want to pay these crooks $650 to install it on my truck.

For now I just give everybody 'crazy eyes' when they are putting on boards / skis and I'm pretty much the only one that dry starts when surfing.

scoot_gt
10-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Probably the same way i do on my black LSV, sit your a$$ on the platform and put your board on in the water.

+1

(10 chars)

you da man
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Just use this on the transom to save it from board scratches, it's a 3M product. I have it on my boat. IMO, sitting on the platform is a PITA to put on a board and doesn't allow you to snug up your bindings like standing.

https://www.keelshield.com/product/transomshield

sandm
10-22-2010, 06:31 PM
that stuff looks to be identical to clearbra by 3m. might be cheaper to see if there's a clearbra dealer in the area that will sell you some.

you da man
10-22-2010, 10:29 PM
that stuff looks to be identical to clearbra by 3m. might be cheaper to see if there's a clearbra dealer in the area that will sell you some.

eBay has some for $35, which ain't bad for saving the boat

dru1974
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Sounds good Jon J. I would defiantly buy some from ya I would be willing to come up and get it

moombahighrider
10-26-2010, 02:17 AM
I have thought about the 3M stuff as well in the past but figured that it would just peel off with all the wetness and turbulence from the water back there. Is this not really an issue as far as you guys are concerned?