PDA

View Full Version : The Bat and the Wakeboard

Razzman
10-19-2010, 09:51 PM
So today i'm driving home and remembered something that happened this summer that i forgot about.

A few months ago we're camping at our home lake, Don Pedro. Mind you we always moor the boats in the cove overnight instead of pulling out. Fast forward to day three, we're out boarding in the morning and my son-in-law is gearing up to take his set. I reach up, grab the wakeboard, move to the platform and drop the board in the water in front of him. As he grabs the board to put his feet in the bindings, a bat pops up out of one of the boots and looks around like "what the hell is going on!" and takes off across the lake for the shoreline right in front of his face. My son-in-law yells "what the @#$! was that!" and we all start laughing. The bat must have been chasing bugs around the boat and used to boot for shelter when it got light! Needless to say we now check all bindings when first boarding the boat! :p

BensonWdby
10-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Down in Acapulco at Ski Paradise Gordon always warns us to check our boots for Scorpions every monring - but I don't think anyone ever does ...

kaneboats
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
If someone warned me to check for scorpions I'd probably be inclined to follow that advice.

Only Scorps I want on my boat will be emitting from the tower speakers.

sandm
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
I think I'd be over-paraniod at both those examples.. scorpions suck, and bats harbor rabies. that's an expensive series of shots :(

kaneboats
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Well if you got the bat to suck the poison from the scorpion's sting out . . . I guess you'd still have to deal with the rabies.

yearround
10-22-2010, 09:42 PM
great story razz.

Down in Acapulco at Ski Paradise Gordon always warns us to check our boots for Scorpions every monring - but I don't think anyone ever does ...

a couple years ago at lake powell, we left the skis and stuff on the beach. we started getting ready to go for a ride. i dropped the ski in the water to wet the boots, a scorpion crawled out of the boot. i have a pic somewhere if i find it i'll post it up.