PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Water Stains

4fish4
10-18-2010, 01:58 AM
I was waxing my boat this weekend, getting it ready for the winter when I notices little water stains on the boat. I was wondering if there are any products out there that can remove these stains without using a powerful compound that may harm the boat`s gel coat paint .
These stains can be easily remove on my windshield with windex or other glass cleaners.....but a glass cleaner does not remove water stains on the boat pain..... Buffing with wax did not help either. Any Clues ?????????

cham
10-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Vinegar is the most versatile cleaner I know. Seems to be good for everything. It's PH is typically good for breaking up hard water spots

If not, I'd jump to a cleaner wax. If that doesn't work I think you'll need a compound.

You can do it by hand, why are you worried about it hurting your finish?

4fish4
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks Cham, I will try that. Anyone out there use other products for their water stains???

T100
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
This is an awesome produce, used up a bottle this summer, can't buy it in Canada any more.

http://www.duckyproducts.com/

4fish4
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks, That is exactly what I was looking for. Now to find a dealer that ships to Canada...Thanks a million.

JesseC
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
I second the vinager. Works like a charm and have not seen any negative effects so far except you end up craving pickles for about a week!

4fish4
10-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Good one !!!!!!!!!!! Pure vinegar or mixture vinegar and water ???

JesseC
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
I think I used a mixture of 40% vinager 60% water mixed in a 1.5 gallon bucket. I just kept dipping the rag in, straining as much as I could and then wiping down the boat. You can tell if the mixture is right almost right away. I second the waxing suggestion. I give mine a vinager bath and put it away for the winter. I tend to see more water spots as I walk past it every day and I break out a smaller mixture of the above and just wipe them off. When summer arrives, I wax the boat before we take it out of the garage.

you da man
10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
This is an awesome produce, used up a bottle this summer, can't buy it in Canada any more.

http://www.duckyproducts.com/

Mineral content varies from lake to lake. Some spots are almost impossible to get out without using a power buffer/polisher with a cutting compound. Fortunately most lakes are not like that. I'll second Ducky waterspot remover. It hasn't failed me yet from getting the hull and brightwork spotless

you da man
10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
What zip code do you guys need it shipped to? I don't mind helping someone out if I get paid back actual expenses. The boat shop by my house carries Duckys.