PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my cover

jchamlee
10-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I just bought an 04 LSV and love it. The only option I wish that I had gotten was the snap on cover. I have the big one-piece cover, and I would like to upgrade to the snap on 2-piece cover. I realize that holes would have to be drilled. Is this a bad idea after gel-coat, spraying, etc? I don't want to get spider cracks or have any other problems. Any input is appreciated.

noneya
10-06-2004, 09:20 AM
I think they are all put on after the gel coat. Mine was definetly installed by the local dealer.

jchamlee
10-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Do you mind if I ask how much it cost for a local dealer to install the 2 piece snap on cover? Cost for install and the cover.

noneya
10-06-2004, 02:23 PM
I cant quite remember because I got them to delete the standard cover, so I got credit for that. I think it may have been 350 + the other cover for the front and rear snap on

jflock2
12-29-2004, 07:50 PM
I think your boat looks better without all the snaps - cleaner lines, ya know? What's the problem with the one-piece cover?

jchamlee
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
The one piece cover is just a pain in the azz to put on. Your snap on is much easier...especially when tucking her in by myself.

noneya
12-30-2004, 11:27 AM
You can also leave the front cover on while using the boat, kinda creates a closed bow version. Its nice for when its chilly out and you dont have many people in the boat. I also tow short distances with the covers snapped on.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=13272

sextons
01-05-2005, 09:42 AM
I had a 2-PC snap on cover added by a local canvas shop recommended by the local boat dealer last winter. I think the total cost was around $750 or so. It's really nice especially if you store your boat on a lift you can get the snap cover on and off in a few minutes and don't have to worry about all the strings and tie-downs on the big 1-PC cover.