PDA

View Full Version : Slow Parts from Skier's Choice

thesack
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
AWS ordered the swim platform and sun deck cushions for my boat on August 24 with a confirmation and time table recieved by AWS on August 26 saying that the swim platform was 3 weeks out and the cushions 4 weeks out. The swim platform is at least 2+ weeks behind schedule. I recieved an email from AWS on Sept. 29 saying that the wrong swim platform was built for whatever reason (they made one that accepts the rub rail instead of the grab rail, which I am indifferent about). I am assuming that AWS has it now, waiting on a reply from them to see if they do or not.

The sun deck cushions are a different story though. Recieved an email from AWS saying they talked to SC Friday Oct 8 about the cushions and they "should" be done the next of this week, I assume meaning by Oct 15. Supposably the seat foam SC uses was on back order from the factory. Which I understand things happen. But dang, if they do get them done this week that makes them 3 weeks behind schedule. If they dont it will be 4 weeks.

Has anyone else had issues getting Skier's Choice specific parts from them? Or is this just a fluke that is happening?

I understand they are building new boats currently but this is getting annoying. I just want my boat back!

viking
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Only parts I've ordered through Dealer that had to come direct from SC was some factory match carpet. As I remember it took quite a while.

But look at it this way. Season being over now just tell them to take their time. You won't have any storage costs and they can just drain the block and winterize for you as part of the deal :) Pick her up next spring ready to go....

thesack
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Seasons over?!?! It's not over! It's time for the good water all to ourselves. We are some of the crazies that ride in the cold water, so we do not winterize the boat. I store the boat indoors in my shop when we are not using it during the cooler and wet months. Last year we took December and January off only because we all had conflicting schedules and couldn't make it out.

The boat is done being repaired other then the parts from SC. And IMO SC has already taken their time.

viking
10-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Good Point. And kudo's for being able to ride at any given "warm up" during winter :)

squeeg333
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm having a similar issue. I ordered two vinyl skins for the rear seats that run along side the v-drive center cushion. Took at least 1.5 months to get in. One was made with vinyl that was mis-colored. There was a line at the back half of the cushion that looked dirty, but was infact grey-ish due to the white color of the vinyl not "curing" or whatever at the factory. Seemed to be a HUGE QC oversite on SC's part. So, we sent that one back, still haven't heard if they will make good and make a new one. The other one I recieved ended up being too large for my cushions. It's like they used the wrong template for the pieces - dealer does have my HIN, so that shouldn't be the problem. I'm waiting to hear if SC is going to replace, or pay to have it modified.

So, needless to say it's been 3+ months since ordering these skins, and the saga continues, with no end in sight. I also ordered a new skin for the drivers seat, and have no idea, beyond the cost, where that one is at!!

thesack
10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Heard from AWS today that the sundeck cushions are suppose to ship some time this week from SC. Only a little over a week from when SC said the should be done. I will believe that they shipped when I see them on my boat.

This is getting ridiculous. I have no idea how SC is able to stay in business with there in ability to fulfill an order in a timely fashion. I understand that it's the time of the year they are building new boats but still there is no excuse for how slow it's taking. With my luck though they will have built the wrong cushions too.

you da man
10-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Seasons over?!?! It's not over! It's time for the good water all to ourselves. .

Yup, all the fat kids that tube are in school.

thesack
10-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Yup, all the fat kids that tube are in school.

And the Tige's that are towing them are off the river.

AWS has done a great job handling everything. They have kept me in the loop with everything that has been going on with getting the parts. I have nothing but praise for them.

My complaint is with SC. This has nothing to do with the economic times. When SC says it will take 4 weeks from the order date to get the sun deck cushions made and shipped and it is now 9 weeks going on 10. That is just unacceptable no matter the company. If the economic times are the issue then wouldn't it make sense to build the sun deck cushions that are already sold rather then for a boat the is just going to be sitting at a dealership?

I understand that the company that supplies the foam for the cushions had it on back order, but for SC to notify AWS of this 7 weeks after order date is not right.

jester
10-27-2010, 12:52 AM
I was just in AWS today and should have taken a look at the work they did but I did not think about it. How does she look? Do you have any photo's on the work done even without the parts from Skiers?

thesack
10-27-2010, 01:06 AM
I was just in AWS today and should have taken a look at the work they did but I did not think about it. How does she look? Do you have any photo's on the work done even without the parts from Skiers?

When I went in there Friday I didn't think about taking pics of the fiberglass work. But I will do a new thread when I get my boat back and post pics. I will say this though, I am impressed by the work they did. You honestly cannot tell that there was ever any damage.