PDA

View Full Version : need help upgrading ballast

lsvboombox
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I just want to increase the ballast bags without changing the pumps. I got a 2010 lsv. was looking at wakemakers, can I put those 1100 pound fly high pro x jumbos in my rear lockers.. I will be doing some wake surfing and I guess i could just partially fill them for wakeboarding..

also how about the 1100 pound pro x center sac? can i run these three sacs together? not saying they would all be filled to the max, but if I dont have enough people on board i would like to have plenty of ballast weight for when i need it..

thanks

cab13367
10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes, the 24x24x50 1100# sac will fit in your rear lockers but you may have to add an additional hinge to the black divider panel to support the extra weight pushing against it.

The 88x19x19 Gravity Games 1180# center sac will definitely not fit, or at least you won't come close to filling it to capacity. The stock center sac is only 10" tall and it pushes the ski locker door open when it's full.

Al

lsvboombox
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, the 24x24x50 1100# sac will fit in your rear lockers but you may have to add an additional hinge to the black divider panel to support the extra weight pushing against it.

The 88x19x19 Gravity Games 1180# center sac will definitely not fit, or at least you won't come close to filling it to capacity. The stock center sac is only 10" tall and it pushes the ski locker door open when it's full.

Al

Thanks Al........

brain_rinse
10-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Ditto Al's comments. I wouldn't mess with the factory ski locker bag. But with that much weight in the back you need some weight up front. The integrated bow sac is a perfect addition to these boats. That extra weight in the nose makes a huge difference.

you da man
10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
The 1180 sac even pushes up on the center XLV and you can stuff two people in their. The center XLV is called the basement for a reason

lsvboombox
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
ok thanks everyone..

i am going to put the sac in the bow and keep the ski locker sac..

as far as the lockers in the rear should I do the 750's or get the 1100's?

would like to have the 1100's for wakesurfing, is it much better than the 750's?

bergermaister
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Everyone will tell you it varies by boat, but IMHO the 1100 is worth it even if you can't get it quite full. I experimented with my 750 in the locker vs. the 1100 and I think it's well worth it.

Better to have one big bag you can fill partially or completely vs. having a smaller bag, not being happy with it, and stacking another bag on top or turning around and spending more $$ to replace it.

cab13367
10-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Everyone will tell you it varies by boat, but IMHO the 1100 is worth it even if you can't get it quite full. I experimented with my 750 in the locker vs. the 1100 and I think it's well worth it.

Better to have one big bag you can fill partially or completely vs. having a smaller bag, not being happy with it, and stacking another bag on top or turning around and spending more $$ to replace it.

Agreed, might as well get the bigger bag if you don't have either yet. You don't have to fill it all the way if you don't want to so there's really no downside.

There's another option for the center sac and that is the stock center sack that come on the non-GG XLV's. Not sure exactly it's size or capacity, maybe 650#? You won't be able to get it full but I think there's some room side to side and towards the front of the locker with the stock bag so you might be able to get another 100-150# in there. That's just a guess.

viking
10-13-2010, 06:20 PM
A smaller sac will not always fill the space allowed. A bigger sack will conform to the area and doesn't need to be filled entirely. Always go bigger if you're looking to use the entire space imo.