PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys clean the hull.

superfet
10-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I let my boat sit in the water all season and only pick it up during autumn when itīs time to winterize the boat. During the season lots of crap sticks to the hull. I use oxalic acid to get the boat clean. (Oxalic acid is used in many boatcleaning products.) You can buy it from a paintshop and mix it with water, get it on the hull, wait a little bit and wash the dirt away, the dirt comes off really easily. It gets a lot cheaper than having to buy expensive boatcleaning products. Be sure you rinse the hull well and wax up the hull.

Take care

DOCDRS
10-10-2010, 10:09 AM
SLIMY GRIMY.........mix it up with hot water in a small garden sprayer , spray it on ,watch it disappear. you can brush any hard stained areas......it even works 2 months after you bring your craft out of the water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3snjD4Wz5dQ
and it works just like that WOW

lewisb13
10-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Pretty amazing.

viking
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow.........docrs - have you used the stuff personally?

Richard Peabody
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
SLIMY GRIMY is very good product, I've been using it for the last three years on our XLV which is in the water from April to Oct. Bottom is white again with very little effort.

h2oskierrick
10-10-2010, 11:52 PM
On-Off Hull cleaner works amozing, pretty caustic stuff though. I have nasty stains when I pull my boat at the end of the year as well. You brush this stuff on with a natural bristle brush and then rinse it off. Like I said, works great but it's nasty stuff/

moombabound
10-11-2010, 12:49 AM
50% water / 50% vinegar, then rinse. Applied with an adjustable flex neck car wash brush. Very little effort and time.

(Avoid Mastercraft Hull Cleaner. It does absolutely nothing. It falls short of delivering on it's intended purpose moreso than anything I could ever imagine. I bought it because it's what the Moomba dealer carried. Returned it. No more effective than straight water).

DOCDRS
10-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow.........docrs - have you used the stuff personally?

yes i have used it and thats exactly how it works.....awesome.....I had a hard time finding the stuff...i think the marinas don't want ya knowing about it

kaneboats
10-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I used to use sno-bol once a year and then wash with soap and wax.