PDA

View Full Version : LSV wake pic, no ballast

brain_rinse
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Thought I'd post a cell phone pic taken tonight. Just me driving and a 100 lb spotter. No ballast, 21 mph, wake plate dead center, 65 ft of rope. It looked so good I didn't bother to fill the ballast when I rode, just added some rope and a speed. Love the LSV!

http://i53.tinypic.com/fl9hsn.jpg

sandm
10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
he indicates it's "tonight". as he was skimming across the water, the fin of the wakeboard was knocking the young-hatched fish unconcious that were approaching the surface to feed, causing them to float to the top. had his ballast been full, the young fish would have had more warning to the impending doom coming from the wakeboard fin..

that's what I heard anyway :)

kaneboats
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Somebody needs to add a PWI to his signature. AND, I know who I'm hanging out with next time I'm in Idaho.

deafgoose
10-08-2010, 12:28 PM
That is a great wake considering there is no ballast.

I wish I bought an LSV. Live and learn.

sandm
10-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I know who I'm hanging out with next time I'm in Idaho.

the vacancy shingle is always out... just no guarantees on where or with who you'll be sleeping.

I am planning another trip to florida in the near future again, so it better be reciprocal. hoping to catch a glimpse of the amazing site known as ed's shorts :)

brain_rinse
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
The prop seems to churn up little fish this time of year. Makes wakeboarding more interesting with fish flopping and birds swooping.

brain_rinse
10-08-2010, 05:23 PM
So yeah, sandm pretty much nailed it. :)

sandm
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
You come to Florida, I'll treat you like a king....sans the shorts.

Just be prepared to spend the entire day surfing and then wings and yuengs for dinner!

I think ed just asked me out :) and he's going commando....

I found my next vacation.. everybody remember the flick where the guy shows up for a day and never leaves?? :p

sandm
10-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Stop teasin me ed...

How far r u from panama city??

jmvotto
10-08-2010, 09:27 PM
I think ed just asked me out :) and he's going commando....

I found my next vacation.. everybody remember the flick where the guy shows up for a day and never leaves?? :p

Cousin Eddie from xmas vacation...:rolleyes:

sandm
10-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Cousin Eddie from xmas vacation...:rolleyes:

hey, I resemble that statement. I am planning a trip to florida, but I need to dig up all the coffeecans full of money buried around my trailer..

jmvotto
10-09-2010, 08:10 AM
hey, I resemble that statement. I am planning a trip to florida, but I need to dig up all the coffeecans full of money buried around my trailer..

LOL don't forget to bring the family pet "snots"

kaneboats
10-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Fix the $hitter before you leave.

sandm
10-11-2010, 07:07 AM
so comparing panama city beach to your areas, what would be some nice places to be on the beach, not crowded and not real expensive? I know, long list..

kaneboats
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
PCB is nice and not expensive. Destin, a little further west is even nicer but usually a lot more expensive.

sandm
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
destin was a lot more expensive last year when I went. pcb was cheap, nice, and had just the right occupancy levels in september to make it a good deal. left the weekend the harley run was going on. that was fun.. not a harley fan, but a lot of activity going on..

have to check out the islands around tampa.. I really liked pcb, but would be nice to see something else. trying to stay away from daytona/miami and didn't like jacksonville at all. kind of trying to stay gulf side vs. the ocean side..

brain_rinse
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Siesta Key! That sugar sand is amazing. I like the Tampa area too.

kaneboats
10-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Clearwater Beach if you are young and single. Fun place to hang out.

sandm
10-13-2010, 09:01 AM
you gots the single part right, but not the young part, and I think that the gf will be in-tow for this.. maybe next time :)

kaneboats
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, usually the cheapest flights are into JAX. If you drive through Tallahassee, be sure to stop. We can even go for a surf if you have the time. Since they opened the new airport down by Panama City you can fly Southwest into there pretty cheap too. And Jetblue goes to Orlando so that helps the prices there. Staying right now is pretty cheap due to the economy and the oil spill that scared some visitors away.

zegm
10-13-2010, 12:46 PM
so comparing panama city beach to your areas, what would be some nice places to be on the beach, not crowded and not real expensive? I know, long list..

Destin = Rich and Famous from Atlanta and Birmingham, way overpriced.
Panama City Beach (not Panama City, 2 different towns) = OK but lots of people.
Mexico Beach = Bingo!!! Check it out, lower prices not as many people, just 20 miles each of Panama City I think one building is 3 stories tall. (not Panama City Beach, 2 different towns)

Note to All: If you come to Panama City Beach drive across the Hathaway Bridge to Panama City to eat. Hunts Oyster Bar, Captains Table, Uncle Ernies and more. MUCH better food and much lower prices. Locals would never eat in Panama City Beach. Oily Fried Expensive Frozen Shrimp and Grouper Nuggets that trick tourist into thinking they are eating fresh seafood. NOT!

kaneboats
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
That's good advice on the food. I'd say PCB if you are single but Mexico Beach or even St. George Island if you are bringing your significant other.

maxpower220
10-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Orange Beach AL is pretty nice, a lot like Destin. Pensacola Beach is nice, and the town has some activities. I really like Destin, it's new and nice. Sanibel Island and Clearwater Beach are both great around the Tampa area.

sandm
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
last year, flew into jacksonville and then drove. not bad, so I'm guessing I went right through your neck of the woods Kane. if we do that again, I'll stop. ended up staying the first and last night in jax as it was cheaper than driving to pcb and getting there late. ate at the captains table in pc. it was good. old place and lots of sr's around, but real good. destin is out, as pricing doesn't agree with my budget. have to check out sanibel and clearwater. I remember researching them before.

really only ended up in pcb due to a cheap stay. real nice 2bed-2ba two-story condo on the beach that was in a group of 8 that he had listed for $1700 for the week. offered $1000 and he took it :) nearest hirise was 1/2 mile one way and 1/8 mile the other, all units around were lo-rise so beach was vacant. not much in the way of activities that we researched, spent most of the time parked in the sun on the beach drinking. it was awesome..

wolfeman131
10-13-2010, 08:19 PM
sandm - check out Dunes of Seagrove condos

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/north-west/beaches-of-south-walton/seagrove-beach/dunes-of-seagrove

Seagrove is between Destin & Panama City Beach. It's close to Seaside for some activities without the high price and some cool restaturants. If you get to Seagrove, you have to take a 20 min drive to Grayton Beach and visit The Red Bar for dinner. It's a cash only place that you just have to experience.

http://www.theredbar.com/