PDA

View Full Version : 2008 DD Rear Seat Scews

phospher
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Metal brace under rear seat...

The other day I noticed that a few scews had fallen out of my rear seat and a few more were loose. I went to tighten them a and a bunch of them are stripped. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix? What kind of material are they scewed into? Is that brace absolutely necessary?

viking
10-07-2010, 11:02 PM
If ur talking about the aluminum piece that runs most of the length under the rear seat I wouldn't recommend removing it. I think your back seat would break (or at least start to sag over time). It's there for structural reinforcement.

It's screwed into a piece of HDPE as the seat base and then the foam and vinyl wrapped around that. Not sure of the size screws but I'd just use the same length so you don't poke too far through and get a bigger diameter to replace the existing stripped ones.

That is if your 08 is like my 07 which i believe it is?

phospher
06-22-2012, 03:48 PM
got so bad I had to drill new holes in the metal support frame and into a new section of the plastic. I would like to hear if anyone else has dealt with this and if Moomba is still using this design. This is the one design flaw that really irritates me on my 2008 Moomba Outback DD. Besides this issue the boat has been perfect( i've put about 90 hours on it so far). My trailer is holding up too... crossed fingers on that one that I don't get the axle failure.

motosno963
06-22-2012, 04:17 PM
my 04 did it..thats how i got it..it looks like a slight U shape..i personly dont mind it..you sit lower in the boat and it just feels better, i have tried to move my bracket but the screws pop out so im not to worried about it right now

deerfield
06-22-2012, 06:17 PM
got so bad I had to drill new holes in the metal support frame and into a new section of the plastic. I would like to hear if anyone else has dealt with this.....

phospher - Nautique has a support in the shape of a box positioned under the middle of its rear bench seat. Saw this yesterday in the showroom of the Skiers Choice/Correct Craft dealer in my area. Got me thinking about adding this design to my '07 Outback. Thankfully my Moomba is pretty much still perfect, including the rear bench seat. The aluminum brace that runs the length of the seat so far has done its job. - Deerfield