PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy switch covers?

wolfeman131
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't know if this is due to bad design or my 2 1/2 yr old son, but both my stereo and bilge pump switch plates have broken this season. I can see on the backside where there where red, plastic tabs that snapped on to the swith housing have broken. I can still hold the switch plate in place/over the switch and make it work, but I'm tired of having to pick them up off the floor.

Anyone know if I can buy just the plates vs the entire switch and where to buy them (other than the dealer)?

cab13367
10-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I bought one for $5 from my local dealer. I replaced the Aux cover plate with a Heater cover plate.

wolfeman131
10-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks Al. Five bucks I can handle. I always get nervous thinking about what it will cost me to buy from the dealer.

cab13367
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Al. Five bucks I can handle. I always get nervous thinking about what it will cost me to buy from the dealer.

Same here. It was a pleasant surprise.

jmvotto
10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Don't know if this is due to bad design or my 2 1/2 yr old son, but both my stereo and bilge pump switch plates have broken this season. I can see on the backside where there where red, plastic tabs that snapped on to the swith housing have broken. I can still hold the switch plate in place/over the switch and make it work, but I'm tired of having to pick them up off the floor.

Anyone know if I can buy just the plates vs the entire switch and where to buy them (other than the dealer)?

Drew let me know how it goes, my blower plate broke the same way, one year old.:mad:the red tabs broke, i threw a little gorilla glue in there to hold it on the peg, it stays put but slightly loose.