PDA

View Full Version : Still Going

Mikey
10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I was all ready to winterize my boat after all the awefull weather we have had as of late. We have had a few nights of frost with the weather hovering around the 5-10 celcious mark for about the last 3 weeks,with a very few nice days in between.
I was really ready to give up when the weatherman said we would have 28 C on saturday but that usually changes dramatically when saturday comes.
This time they were actually right and it was actually 30 C where i went out too,same weather as ORLANDO Florida,if you can beleive it.
Water was COLD at 50.8F warmed up to 54F by days end. Thank God for Drysuits.
We had an awesome day of absolute GLASS water from 10am till 4pm,so we skied and boarded till we could no more. I sit here ,TIRED,SORE and HAPPY,thinking i just may wait one more week to winterize Hoping to go out 1 more time. FINGERS CROSSED.

BensonWdby
10-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Good for you guys. I was in the water today as well - pulling in the doecks - in wet suit. But water was definitely skiable if the opportunity had been there.

moombabound
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Unreal Mikey!
30C. I guess that's another advantage Calgary has over Edmonton.
Quoting your post in another thread last week:
"Now the big question is do i wait and hold off on winterize or HOPE fo one more nice weekend????"
Congrats on being a believer.
Though the 3 skiis I got in Saturday still have me smiling, I was all set with two buddies to go again Wednesday afternoon cause there's another temp spike in the cards, but the dealer cannot juggle my appointment for winterizing....mid-November might be a block cracker.
Notes to self:
- Don't book a winterizing next year until Thanksgiving.
or
- Read the posts, tool up, and figure out how to do it myself.

Mikey
10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm watching the weather carefully and i have pulled the plugs on the block to let the access water out of the block just in case..My winterize gear is ready to go and i am going to do it next sunday no matter what as i have no time afterwards.
I'm just trying to arrange one more outing on Saturday if i can,but if not at least i go out on a high note.. So far weather may cooperate although not 30C,but anything over 15 and i'm in,Thats what drysuit are for anyways and can be worn to keep warm in the boat if need..,.Crossing my fingers and toes.

Canuckle Head
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
It's 18 degrees outside, sunny skies and my local lake is flat calm with only rowers out on it. I can't find a single soul who would be even remotely interested in going for a tow. &$)!?&@!!! This is probably one of the most frustrating things I find as a boat owner....... Sigh.....:(

cham
10-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, cold weather sucks. I won't be able to be on the water for most of January.

Loosing that month due to weather makes me sad :(

deafgoose
10-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I went riding today and the water was 50.5 F. Gotta love wetsuits!!!!!

jamie_abb
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
16 degrees this weekend...looking forward to going

skiyaker
10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
holy crap the forecast for central Indiana this weekend is calling for high temps in the low 80s with calm wind!!! There's a wakeboard tournament at the local ski club so we're packing up and taking the moomba to one of my favorite lakes- Brookville Reservoir where the fall colors should be in full effect and hopefully the water temps are low enough to keep the jet skis and tubers off the lake. Then it looks like the temps will stay in the 70s next week so hopefully I can get back to the ski club at least a few more times. Last year my last ride was Sep 26 and I winterized Oct 15 so right now I feel like I'm skiing with bonus time!

kaneboats
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
How about some pics that show the fall colors on your lake? Love to see' em. We're down for 89 and sunny tomorrow.

Mikey
10-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Sorry no pics of the lake i usually go to. Lake is in a Coullee with nothing to see but Brown Grass. Locally our trees have turned and most leaves have fallen.
Plan was to go out tomorrow for the final outing of the year but ,getting riders to go is tough ,i even had a spare drysuit for anyone willing to come out.
I forgot to mention my last time out last week i found another way to use my boat as duck hunting season is open here. I got 2 ducks with the boat. Usually they flap and or duck under the water when you near them ,well at 30mph 2 weren't quite fast enough. One went under the hull and we heard the thud the second flew up just under the bow but boat clipped him and he spun out and crashed. FISH food i guess.

moombabound
10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Here's a couple for you Kane, from north central Alberta.
Jackfish Lake, 30 minutes west of Edmonton.
Not my usual lake, but a close lake I go to in the fall after we shut down at our lake and bring the boat in.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6705&stc=1&d=1286591246

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6706&stc=1&d=1286591310

Grant M
10-09-2010, 12:35 AM
Awesome pics, I love that lake, I bet you guys had it all to yourself too!

KurtL
10-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Takes a hearty bunch to do watersports in the Great White North after August. One of the reasons their beer is stronger than ours. Good job fellas!

viking
10-09-2010, 02:57 PM
ooooohhhhh dat's purdy :)

skiyaker
10-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Had an outstanding weekend- as requested here's some pics. Yes the water was too busy to ski on Sat so indeed I did break out the wakeboard. Air temp was in the 80s, water mid to low 60s. Who would have thought I could trunk it in October?!

deerfield
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Had an outstanding weekend- as requested here's some pics. Yes the water was too busy to ski on Sat so indeed I did break out the wakeboard. Air temp was in the 80s, water mid to low 60s. Who would have thought I could trunk it in October?!

Hey, skiyaker - Yes, it was an amazing weekend weatherwise. Three days is a row of sun and temps in the 70/80 degree range. Not something we normally get this time of year in this part of the country. Sure am glad you took advantage. Wish the water was flat so we could see pics of you skiing. Oh well, anything behind a Moomba is good. - Deerfield

skiyaker
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Amen Deerfield- well I did take a few ski rides but it was nothing fancy just hang on and enjoy the ride- I've learned my lesson in open water during non-ideal conditions. At least there weren't many tubers out but the jet skis and bassholes were out in full effect!