PDA

View Full Version : Bow light broke.

james yarosz
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
On my vacation from hell last week (long story),one of the minor problems I had was running into a dock and smashing my bow light.luckily there was no other damage to the hull.Before I start searching the net for a new one I figured I,d ask here.Where do I find one?

wolfeman131
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I would love to do this mod and breaking the bow light would be the perfect excuse!

flip up bow light:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10085&highlight=flip+light

So, we gotta hear the story sometime. . . .

james yarosz
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Nice job by MMANDLEY,I wonder if he still has his stock bow light?I've only used the boat after dark a few times in 8 years so I just want a stock replacement.

sandm
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I bought mine at a dealer for $29. they seem to be universal. cabelas also had one here locally for a few $$ more.

I, too would love to do the flipup mod, as it really looks good. perhaps next spring :)

james yarosz
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Well wolfman heres the story.Started about 6 weeks ago,bought a brand new Ford F150 pickup.Had it parked in the drive one day and my great neighbor was parked next to me helping me with a project.Went in my truck to get a tool and left the door open.Neighbor had to leave for an emergency(his daughters cell phone qiut working).I have a rear drive exit so he went straight out the back but turned a little and his rear tire caught my door.Estimate was $2029 to repair and his ins. was picking up the whole tab.Since the door still opened and shut fine I had a chance to take a short vac. down south where the weather was warm so I put of the repair for a week.Got down to S.C. and it rained 6 inches in 2 days.We visited some friend those days so no big deal.3rd day we went to a cabin we rented on the lake.(Lake Greenwood)Backed down the steep driveway to the launch ramp next to the cabin.Opened the tailgate to start unloading and the wife went inside the cabin,it was flooded inside.Called the owner,he said no problem he'd send a refund.Loaded up pulled out the steep drive and made a sharp turn on the narrow road,guess what I forget to shut.The tailgate. The trailer winch made a nice 4 inch dent in the top of the tailgate.Went hunting around and found another cabin for rent.Was actually nicer and cheaper! Next morning droped the boat in the lake and had a great day.Weather was 81 degrees and water was 82 degrees.Had a great day on the lake.Got back and decided to leave the boat in the included slip for the night. since at home I keep the boat on a lift I don't check the shaft seal very often.Figured I better check it since I was leaving the boat in the water overnight.Pulled up the floorboard and the seal was leaking pretty good.Got out the wrenches and tightened it up a bit,looked pretty good.Started the boat and put it in gear to see how much it was leaking in gear and the ropes were a little too loose.the boat went forward just enough to smash the bow light against the front of the dock.O well we wern't going till the next morning.The weather the next day was cloudy,drizzly,windy and 65 degrees.loade the boat up and drove 750 miles home. Great vacation.

DOCDRS
10-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Well wolfman heres the story.Started about 6 weeks ago,bought a brand new Ford F150 pickup.Had it parked in the drive one day and my great neighbor was parked next to me helping me with a project.Went in my truck to get a tool and left the door open.Neighbor had to leave for an emergency(his daughters cell phone qiut working).I have a rear drive exit so he went straight out the back but turned a little and his rear tire caught my door.Estimate was $2029 to repair and his ins. was picking up the whole tab.Since the door still opened and shut fine I had a chance to take a short vac. down south where the weather was warm so I put of the repair for a week.Got down to S.C. and it rained 6 inches in 2 days.We visited some friend those days so no big deal.3rd day we went to a cabin we rented on the lake.(Lake Greenwood)Backed down the steep driveway to the launch ramp next to the cabin.Opened the tailgate to start unloading and the wife went inside the cabin,it was flooded inside.Called the owner,he said no problem he'd send a refund.Loaded up pulled out the steep drive and made a sharp turn on the narrow road,guess what I forget to shut.The tailgate. The trailer winch made a nice 4 inch dent in the top of the tailgate.Went hunting around and found another cabin for rent.Was actually nicer and cheaper! Next morning droped the boat in the lake and had a great day.Weather was 81 degrees and water was 82 degrees.Had a great day on the lake.Got back and decided to leave the boat in the included slip for the night. since at home I keep the boat on a lift I don't check the shaft seal very often.Figured I better check it since I was leaving the boat in the water overnight.Pulled up the floorboard and the seal was leaking pretty good.Got out the wrenches and tightened it up a bit,looked pretty good.Started the boat and put it in gear to see how much it was leaking in gear and the ropes were a little too loose.the boat went forward just enough to smash the bow light against the front of the dock.O well we wern't going till the next morning.The weather the next day was cloudy,drizzly,windy and 65 degrees.loade the boat up and drove 750 miles home. Great vacation.

thanks for sharing that , made me smile, laugh and kinda feel a little sorry for ya

mmandley
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
WOW James, wow..

All i kept thinking when reading your post was the Rule of 3.

1. Truck door smashed
2. Tailgate smashed
3. Nose light crashed.

I feel bad for you bro.

I will look but im pretty sure i tossed it a couple weeks ago.

I will be happy to help you any way can with the nose light if you decide to take the plunge on the flip light. I can say this was the first summer with it and ever GUY on the boat really appreciated it LOL.

wolfeman131
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
dang james, almost wish I hadn't asked.

hope it all gets put back together soon.