PDA

View Full Version : boat riding unlevel and wired stearing

BIG D
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
what's up moomba buddyz I'm new to the forum and I have a 99 moomba outback I'm having problems with the boat riding unlevel unless perfectly balanced. when it's unlevel it gets a wierd sideways pull and the steering gets hard and it jerks back when you turn back the other direction. I know my rudder has play in the bushings. has anyone had this problem or can help me out thanks!

maxpower220
09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
If you know that you have play in the rudder, you will need to get that fixed first. It may be the only issue. Once that is fixed, if there is still an issue you can step further steps to narrow it down.

Not sure if you mean level side to side or front to back.

polar21
09-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I have the same boat as the OP and mine does the same thing. If its just the driver in the boat it has a substantial lean to it. Put someone in the spotter seat and the boat levels out. Or, you could just drive from the middle of the boat....:D

viking
09-30-2010, 12:37 AM
or put a keg (i mean some ballast) on the spotters seat or port side :D

kaneboats
09-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I used to have a waterbed style tube that weighed about 120# that the previous owner of my Outback kept filled and under the observer's seat. I posted it on here for free a while back but no one asked for it so I threw it out.