PDA

View Full Version : How many hours did you out on your boat this year?

jamie_abb
09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
65 and counting on the new boat, 10 on the old one

cab13367
09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
75 and counting. Only put about 35/yr the first three years so this is a lot for me. Went out Saturday, was 80 degrees and sunny and water temp was still 64-65 at my local lake. 80 again today - too bad I have to work! Hoping to get out a few more times this year!

cab13367
09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Given that we have many variations in climates, what date shall we set as the end of the year?

Many of us don't have an end to the boating season

How about the calendar year - Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2010?

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
We had a great summer.

I put 120hrs this year. Total is now 260hrs since 2008.

MartinCaron
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Last year 250hrs
This year 50hrs

The aquisition of the lake house eliminate the need for spending the whole day on the water. Instead we go for 2 or 3 quality rides and work on our tan the rest of the day.
:)

sandm
09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
don't know the exact, but it's around 50. horrible year for the weather. still real nice, here, but she's put up for the winter.

papou
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
75 hrs this year from May 15 to Sept 5

New Guy
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
110hrs currently from April 1st till now.

It is getting pretty cold in WI and finding a third is getting difficult. Even if I don't get out anymore this year it was an amazing first year of ownership.

BensonWdby
09-27-2010, 03:03 PM
11 on my boat - running out of people to ski with ...

Does not count the time spent at training facilities. I think I got more passes in 8 days at The Liquid Edge than I did all season at home..

bzubke1
09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
175ish so far hoping for 200 before we have to winterize.
Started the season at 65 hours we have between 240-245 right now.

thesack
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I have 160 Hours on my boat this year. That is with me having it for only a week between July 24 and now. Geez its been a crappy boating year for me.

zabooda
09-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Twenty-three hours for me and that includes two weeks of camping with the boat and skiing at home twice a week with the time split between two boats. I also put a couple of hours cruising in the spring and early summer. I don't know what more I can do to get more hours. It seemed like I used it a lot but the math says I didn't.

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Damn. Lots of you guys have low hours.

It would be cheaper to pay for lessons on a wakeboard school boat!!!

When I calculate boat loan, gas, docking fees, storage, winterization etc.. It's rougly $10,000 per year.

If I only put 23hrs on my boat, that would be $434/hour!!!!

schuylski
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
41 hours, bought the boat August 26th. It's been awesome! Just wish I wasn't approaching a 7-8 month hiatus...

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 04:06 PM
about 25hrs this year, 135 total hrs 08,09,10 .going to be put up in two weeks. Nice thing about a lake house just use the boat when you need it.

also we put about 80 hrs our friends MC x-45 ;) had to break her in.

you da man
09-27-2010, 04:22 PM
82hrs this year. Probably will add another 20-25 before Dec when I plan on winterizing. I had about a month's worth of down time this year with a broken axel and two cracked ribs.

SEARK
09-27-2010, 05:08 PM
put just over 50 on it this year. we have a house on the lake so we don't have to be in the boat all day long, just when boarding, surfing, etc. did the winterizing this weekend so it's done for the year. just to much other stuff going on since school started back. :(

skiyaker
09-27-2010, 05:18 PM
a little over 100 hrs so far- but that's just engine hours. countless hours anchored and swimming, listening to the radio, enjoying beverages etc. When we go to the ski club I probably only put an hour or two engine hours on it, but the boat is kind of a "home base" for the entire day. If I were doing the $/hr calculation (yes I've done it too) I would have to include these hours in the enjoyment calculation.

Canuckle Head
09-27-2010, 05:19 PM
55 hours so far this year. Still holding out for a few more days.

BensonWdby
09-27-2010, 05:37 PM

When I calculate boat loan, gas, docking fees, storage, winterization etc.. It's rougly $10,000 per year.

Tell me about it - Add to that a lakehome purchase and taxes and remodeling and utilities - probably adds up to $5000 a pass...

Our boat is a 1999 and I have 330 hours on it. Granted we use someone elses boat fairly regular. Biggest issues is getting people out there. Over half the time it is jsut me skiing and I have to hunt down a third party for a spotter.

zabooda
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM

The only cost I have is insurance, tags and fuel. The only thing I ever considered was to split ownership but I like it to be available when I need it. I spent around $620 on my boat this year so my figure is $27/hour. I also have other toys that get seasonal use so they have low hours on them also. I find if I do too much of one thing I get bored and get out of it entirely but at least I use the stuff as there are other people who never get their boat out.

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 06:21 PM
The only cost I have is insurance, tags and fuel. The only thing I ever considered was to split ownership but I like it to be available when I need it. I spent around $620 on my boat this year so my figure is $27/hour. I also have other toys that get seasonal use so they have low hours on them also. I find if I do too much of one thing I get bored and get out of it entirely but at least I use the stuff as there are other people who never get their boat out.

Did you get the boat for free?

Canuckle Head
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM
We had a great summer.

I put 120hrs this year. Total is now 260hrs since 2008.

Do you not have a job? :p

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Do you not have a job? :p

HAHA!!! Kinda.

I run an online pet store so my hours are mega flexible. I can process an order from my boat on my iPad so I try and get out every day its nice.

cab13367
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Interesting trend I am seeing on this thread is that those with lakehouses tend to put less hours on their boats. I don't get that at all. All 75 of my hours this year were spent either wakeboarding, surfing, or tubing with very little cruising. We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time :) ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count. If I lived on a lake or river, I would think that I would be putting more hours on the boat, not less, cause I'd be going out in the evenings after work as well which I don't do now. Or maybe for those of you that have a lakehouse, it's a second home so you only get out there on the weekends?

Can't quite figure this one out :confused:

bzubke1
09-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I think the reason for that might be that people who live on the water might only go out when conditions are really good and there's not to many people out. For us that live off the water we just decide to go a certain day and then make the best of it.

Just got off the water our total is up to 180 for the year.

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Al, ours is a second home so weekends it is, except for a week or two during summer vacation. with a lake house comes lots of other work, sled will chime in now. kinda get spoiled that we pick when the perfect time to go and do "watersports" if its rough we don't go, just enjoy and BBQ , campfires etc.
we have a one year old so with out the house the boat would have been gone already 1 to 2 hrs is plenty for her on the water.

ooh lake house is 60 miles away

ps. let me know when you get the 6600 tuned in to since our setups are similar i can try to emulate your setup.

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 09:18 PM

i have a golf membership like that, i think it costs me like 400 per round:(

sorry can't figure out the multi quote thing.

viking
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
only about 30 hours or so this year :( Bad Bad weather for boating. Already used the boat more in September than all the rest of the summer! I think I need to start a thread call "how many miles driven per year trying to get to water". Have to tow a minimum of 1hour just to get to the closest source..........Damn I put some miles on my trailer.

smokedog2
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Interesting trend I am seeing on this thread is that those with lakehouses tend to put less hours on their boats. I don't get that at all. All 75 of my hours this year were spent either wakeboarding, surfing, or tubing with very little cruising. We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time :) ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count. If I lived on a lake or river, I would think that I would be putting more hours on the boat, not less, cause I'd be going out in the evenings after work as well which I don't do now. Or maybe for those of you that have a lakehouse, it's a second home so you only get out there on the weekends?

Well,

Lake house owners have lower hours for two main reasons. First, lots of friends with boats that want to drive. Second, lots of work to do on the lake house. My 05 LSV just went in to be winterized, a sad day. I spent 6 hours at the lake house doing chores. Still beats being home. I have a dry suit. I wish I had gotten one more set in - oh well.

It is a weekend gig. I added up last year, 36-40 days at the lake depending on how you count. Is a day of work "a day at the lake." (yes, yes it is). Total boat hours this year about 80 but we usually have 2-4 boats on any given weekens.

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Well,

Lake house owners have lower hours for two main reasons. First, lots of friends with boats that want to drive. Second, lots of work to do on the lake house. My 05 LSV just went in to be winterized, a sad day. I spent 6 hours at the lake house doing chores. Still beats being home. I have a dry suit. I wish I had gotten one more set in - oh well.

It is a weekend gig. I added up last year, 36-40 days at the lake depending on how you count. Is a day of work "a day at the lake." (yes, yes it is). Total boat hours this year about 80 but we usually have 2-4 boats on any given weekens.

1st rule at the lake house, projects all stop at 11:00 am. to enjoy watersports swimming and relaxing, not always in that order..:D

cab13367
09-27-2010, 11:19 PM
sorry can't figure out the multi quote thing.

Joe,

To multi-quote, hit the icon to the right of "Quote" for each post that you want to quote. Then go to the bottom of the thread and click the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left.

Al

cab13367
09-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Showing off for JM :)

I think the reason for that might be that people who live on the water might only go out when conditions are really good and there's not to many people out. For us that live off the water we just decide to go a certain day and then make the best of it.

Just got off the water our total is up to 180 for the year.

Yeah, that makes some sense. But I typically only go out when the weather forecast is good and if turns out to be blown out, we might tube a bit then just throw the anchor and swim and hang out.

Al, ours is a second home so weekends it is, except for a week or two during summer vacation. with a lake house comes lots of other work, sled will chime in now. kinda get spoiled that we pick when the perfect time to go and do "watersports" if its rough we don't go, just enjoy and BBQ , campfires etc.
we have a one year old so with out the house the boat would have been gone already 1 to 2 hrs is plenty for her on the water.

ooh lake house is 60 miles away

ps. let me know when you get the 6600 tuned in to since our setups are similar i can try to emulate your setup.

Yeah, I think those that live full time at the lake would get more hours in than those that have a lakehouse for a second home.

Well,

Yeah, I suppose most lakehouses do need a lot of upkeep. Other than mmandley, I have not gone out on any other boats this summer so almost all my surfing and boarding have been done behind my boat.

BensonWdby
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Well,

So here is my take on low hours on my boat - which is on a lift at lake 65 minutes away.
1. Boat is on lift - weekends only, but normally weekends are Thursday night to Monday night for me so I should get more time - but not...
2. I used to have a boat load of people to ski with. For a variety of reasons it is now down to me most of the time.
3. When I go - I slalom. Slalom runs are a lot more intense than wakebaord or tubing runs. I would be very surprised if the total time above water slalom skiing in any set exceeds 15 minutes, probably closer to 10. At 34 mph a pass through the course is about 18 seconds. When I was in training this summer (somone elses boat) 6 passes was about max in a set. That included coaching after each pass. That takes about 20-30 minutes max and the boat is only running half that. Almost impossible to get 3 sets a day - conditions, people, scheduling, physcial conditioning, wear and tear on your hands..
4. About 50% of my time is behind someone elses boat, and although I try to reciprocate, they prefer their boat.
5. We have ample opportunity but my driver refuses to pull me without a spotter, so the boat sits unless I can round up someone. That would be OK if the spotter was a skier, but despite lots of friendly offers, it is just wierd going door to door pandering for help.

zabooda
09-28-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm with ya there Benson. Skiing doesn't take long and I'm amazed how little time is put on the engine. My buddy and I share the rides with his Prostar and my Moomba. We agreed to split the fines if we get caught without a spotter but we go out early morning or evening and we are done in an hour. We get glass every time we go out and no boats. I can't imagine what it would be with boat traffic and waves to contend with. I did more skiing this year than the last two years.

deafgoose
09-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm with ya there Benson. Skiing doesn't take long and I'm amazed how little time is put on the engine. My buddy and I share the rides with his Prostar and my Moomba. We agreed to split the fines if we get caught without a spotter but we go out early morning or evening and we are done in an hour. We get glass every time we go out and no boats. I can't imagine what it would be with boat traffic and waves to contend with. I did more skiing this year than the last two years.

I wish.

In Canada, its not only a fine but a criminal offense because you are endangering the life of the person you are pulling without a spotter.

I am proud to not have a criminal record. The risk to reward ratio is pretty nuts on this one.

zabooda
09-28-2010, 03:02 AM
They take that spotter business more serious up there. I like Oregon's law and some other states with either a spotter or a mirror. Washington law sucks. The flag and spotter is a good thing when there are other boats but when we're the only one around it's like using a turn signal on a vacant road.

BobP
09-28-2010, 08:17 AM
About 42 hours for us. We do the lake house thing on a small lake so no need to travel far to get a ride in...just float off lift and go. Our lake house is 3 hrs away but we try to get up every weekend June thru September. The way I see it I'm paying a mortgage and taxes on it, we are going to use it. There are always chores, but most don't take long. Any major work we try to do in the off season. The spotter thing affects us too every so often as well. The neighbors have boats too so that also limits hours on ours. Next door neighbor is in the process of purchasing a Centurion Avalanche with a Switchblade...can't wait to surf behind that thing.

lewisb13
09-28-2010, 08:34 AM
You guys need to move to bama where all you need is a tiny little mirror.

eseebeck
09-28-2010, 08:48 AM
35 hours, religously

1st summer 35 hours
2nd summer hour meter hit 70
and this summer I'm on the trailer winterized and headed for storage at a whoppin' 105 hours.

The funny thing is, our boat runs just about everyday, this year we added a great big brawler to our stable of water toys thinking it would give the kids something to ride when the water was too rough to ski. Still 35 hours

imagine that

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-28-2010, 08:53 AM
put on 71 hours this year so in a year and a half i have 102 hours on the boat.
went out sunday water temp was 64 and air temp was 65. and struggled to find a spotter. its funny when its nice out you have all kinds of friends that wanna go on the boat when it starts getting chilly all of sudden everyone you call is busy! but hours spent on the boat this year was twice that... spend a lot of hours anchored out relaxing.

sailing217
09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
70 some hours. Going strong till soccer season and coaching 2 teams kicked in. We boatpool so I spend over 100hrs a season.

Past Friday in southern Ohio was 94 degrees and 76 water. Sunday was 64 degrees and 72 water. Next week will be 50s for the high and the water should be mid 60s so break out the wetsuit if no wind and some sun.

Will probably get 5 hrs more on the boat. Need to move South.

sandm
09-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Next door neighbor is in the process of purchasing a Centurion Avalanche with a Switchblade...can't wait to surf behind that thing.

Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..

Need to move South.

I keep saying that too when they gripe about 75deg water temps :) but I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..

kaneboats
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..

Yes, you do. And you don't miss it. You get a little picky about when you go out as opposed to going any chance you get when you live north.

cab13367
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
They take that spotter business more serious up there. I like Oregon's law and some other states with either a spotter or a mirror. Washington law sucks. The flag and spotter is a good thing when there are other boats but when we're the only one around it's like using a turn signal on a vacant road.

Actually, Oregon requires a spotter as well.

thesack
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM

Having a spotter is a good thing. Yes it is annoying at times, but it saves lives. And you never know when another boat might be out on the water when you thought that you were the only one. We were the only boat in the stretch of water I was in, when a boat turned the corner and hit us.

bzubke1
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I doubt I would have the hours we do if we had to have a spotter everytime we go out. It's usually just me and my brother.

honestly I don't see a safety issue with having just a mirror over a spotter. If you're a good driver you know when you're rider is gonna fall and most of the time you can feel a tug or something on the boat. I think the more people in the boat the more distractions you have. On the other hand having an extra person would be helpful in those situations where someone has a major injury like a broken leg, gets knocked out, torn acl.

mmandley
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time :) ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count.

I'm just funnin you Al when i tease about this lol. I think its funny cause as soon as we are away from the dock, i mean like 50 FT Al turns and looks at the crew and says ok whos up? No chance to grab a beer to break the stress, enjoy a little ride, set up the Tunes <Al your guilty of these lately> I just find it entertaining because its Not Al who is going in first its someone else LOL.

As for our boat we only got 50 hrs this year. Up in the NW Summer was late and short. We didn't really get any water time till almost July. We spent a lot fo time July and 1st two weeks of August. We went on a camping trip and a trip to Lake Billy. Even those we didn't have the best of weather. Our boat has been in the garage for over a month now and all the sudden we have 80 and sun for a week plus. No crews now because they all went back to college or doing other things.

Im fortunate i know plenty of NW people and one of the best is Al so i get to go with him and then we both have a crew LOL.

As for the weather yes we have had lots of decent weather but it doesnt count when its Thurs Fri Sat and i work those 3 days every week.

BobP
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..

I keep saying that too when they gripe about 75deg water temps :) but I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..

Hmmm, interesting on the switchblade. I guess we'll have to see...its already on so hopefully it wont hurt things (cant see how it would) and you can always add/changes sacs.

zabooda
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Thanks Cab as I stand corrected on the spotter. I see Oregon doesn't allow water activities after sunset where Washington allows 1/2 hour after sunset which we do in the summer evenings.

Prohibited actions when water skiing or using other towed devices: (ORS 830.365)

Reckless, negligent riding of towed devices endangering persons or property.
Water skiing or towing devices from sunset to sunrise.
Operation of towing boat or other devices that may lead to potential collision of water skier with a person or object.
Water skiing while under the influence of intoxicants.
Towing skier without continuous observation of skier by an observer.
Operating without a "skier down" flag.

saskie99
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
just made it to 60 hours this year, not to bad considering we dont get on the water until may 20 and usually the mid sept it is over. Oh and I have a 1.5 year old in the boat. No putting around just riding this summer, he wouldnt let us cruise!

sandm
09-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I see that ours in idaho are very similar to yours posted zab..

have someone at work that did get a $89 ticket for failure to have a spotter. expensive, and second time requires a boating class.

viking
09-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Here in MT:
Water skiing and other towed recreation is not allowed between sunset and sunrise.
There must be at least two people in the towing boat: an operator and a person to observe the skier. If the operator is 12 or younger, the observer must be at least 18.

In WY:
No motorboat which shall have in tow or shall be
otherwise assisting a person on water skis, aquaplane
or similar contrivance, shall be operated or
propelled in or upon any waterway, unless such
motorboat shall be occupied by at least two (2) persons.
Provided, that this subsection shall not apply
to motorboats used by representatives of duly
constituted water ski schools in the giving of instruction,
or to motorboats used in duly authorized
water ski tournaments, competitions, expositions,
or trials therefore, or to any motorboat equipped
with a wide angle rear view mirror.
No motorboat shall have in tow or shall otherwise
be assisting a person on water skis, aquaplane
or similar contrivance from the period of one (1)
hour after sunset to one (1) hour prior to sunrise.

Needless to say Wyoming is a bit more liberal :)

sandm
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
or wyoming is a LOT less populated.. no need to worry about running into others when there's 2 of you on the lake :)

saskyrider
09-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I managed 40 hours on my bayliner before i sold it and have 12 on the LSV since August 10 which is after were done holidays. I am lucky in the fact that the lake is a 15-20 minute drive from our house and the boat stays there all summer. We have a cabin but it's not lakefront so i'm working on getting a boat lift set up for next year. Our year was Shat as far as weather was concerned... my goal will be to get 50 hours a year on the boat!!

Geoff

Razzman
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
115 hours since April '08, so that's 57.5 average a year so far. We have spotter regs here too fortunately our oldest grandson goes out everytime the boat does so it's never been an issue.

cab13367
09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm just funnin you Al when i tease about this lol. I think its funny cause as soon as we are away from the dock, i mean like 50 FT Al turns and looks at the crew and says ok whos up? No chance to grab a beer to break the stress, enjoy a little ride, set up the Tunes <Al your guilty of these lately> I just find it entertaining because its Not Al who is going in first its someone else LOL.

LOL! I am just being the gracious host offering my guests first pull. Either that or I want someone else to go first while I scope out where is the best water that day :) The last time was pretty funny though - I had rewired the ground on the head unit so all the settings went back to default, and we couldn't figure out right away how to turn the aux-in back on. So Brady, one of our regulars, who raised his hand to go first, was patiently sitting in the 60 degree water, wakeboard on, waiting for us to figure it out :)

We did go on 4 long weekend boating trips this summer so I put a lot of hours on those trips.

sailing217
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=sandm;115000]Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..QUOTE]

Hmmm. I have an Avalanche with Switchblade and that would be wrong.

Yes the switchblade helps surfing, and especially does surfing on the wrong side as it's easier to clean up the wave. Is it worth $4k from the dealer - I'd say No but my boat came with one so I love it. Blade acts like an extra 600lbs of ballast and shapes the wake on the fly. Blade has downfalls like driving like a tank, lower mph and gph, but a nice toy. Custom sacs are a must with or without the blade.

If you need help setting up the boat, hit me up. My Avy pulled the National wakesurf comp for 3yrs until the Enzo with surfright came out. I've set up the Enzo at comps as well. With and without switchblades. I have different setups depending on the safety aspect.

sandm
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
sailing-
I am sure that your avy has a fantastic wake, as centurion lucked into that hull and had huge success with it, especially with the enzo, however if you talk to a dealer about a wake-specific boat, most(notice I did not say all) will sell you one without the switchblade, and if you look at the centurions prepped for the 2010 masters, the results are:
What kind of Boats are we riding behind?
2011 Centurion SV240 Enzo without Switchblade, custom ballast & weighting by ToWanZa Wakesurfing, Fly-High & Inland Surfer certified tournament Waves.

switchblade is fantastic at boosting a wakeboard wake to pro levels, however it is not needed for pro-level surf wakes. that's all i'm sayin :)

Sled491
09-28-2010, 06:56 PM
About 50 so far but boat is not coming out yet.

I'll chime in on the lake house thing. As we also have a lake house. Someone made the point about having friends with boats to use and that is exactely right. I ski a lot, but with four guys all with tournament tow boats in the rotation my boat only gets used maybe twice a week. Then with kids and weekends we make up the rest of the use, but like was also mentioned we can look out the window and decide to hit it or leave it while day trippers try to squeeze every once of Aus Jus from the day on the lake.

Don't forget those who go on vacations with there boat and have to be on the water come hell or high water, those trips can add up the hours as well.

moombadaze
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
All I know is I didnt get enough boat time this year, working 6 days a week and then the perfect boating weather turns to crap on my one day off has really cut the numbers down this year. might have hit about 45 hrs for the year and thats with taking it on a week long vacation in july and its only been off the trailer twice since then :(

jscott
09-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't know the exact hours but if I had to guess it would be 5 or 6 because my boat spent most of the summer in the shop. The engine light came on early in the season, I brought it to a local dealer not a moomba dealer. They could not fix the boat and in the process of trying to fix the boat they scratched both sides of the boat so the boat then needed gel coat work and most of the decals replaced. They also damaged the prop at the same time. The local dealer brokered the deal for me and promised they could do the warranty work locally. So needless to say I was a little upset.

The closest moomba dealer is an 8 hour drive so I had the boat shipped there and that is where it stayed the rest of my season. The local dealer paid for all the repairs but I had to pay the shipping. The engine light was warranty work.

Any ways that was my season I have a lake house and find you put less hours on because you don't have to spend all day in the boat you can go out for a few hours then come in. The rest of the summer my 2 sea-doos and sea-doo jet boat got more use which is not a bad thing because I got better sliding a rail we built.

newyear14
09-29-2010, 11:28 PM
20 hours. Have not gone out since my son went back to school in late August:(. Its a combination of work, son's sports schedule and poor weather. Will winterize this weekend :(.