PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Moomba Cruise to PP

viking
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Does anybody have any pics they can post of Perfect Pass installed where the Moomba Cruise used to be?

Been talking via email to PP and they said that the display is a direct swap out of the OVAL Moomba Cruise on the right side of the dash. I've been searching to find a pic or install info. and can't seem to locate any. Most I see are Perfect Pass directly in front of the driver on the dash near the speedos?

Thanks!

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Interesting.

I have never seen an oval shapped PP gauge.

I am guessing you will get a small round PP gauge and the oval Moomba Cruise gauge has a round hole behind it?

jamie_abb
09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
All the PP I have see have been round and replace one of the speedos

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Does anybody have any pics they can post of Perfect Pass installed where the Moomba Cruise used to be?

Been talking via email to PP and they said that the display is a direct swap out of the OVAL Moomba Cruise on the right side of the dash. I've been searching to find a pic or install info. and can't seem to locate any. Most I see are Perfect Pass directly in front of the driver on the dash near the speedos?

Thanks!

Have them send you a pic of what they are talking about. for the '07 i was informed that one of the speedos was to be replace and the moomba cruize plate would not be functional. Good place for the transon light switch:)

viking
09-27-2010, 12:48 PM
All the PP I have see have been round and replace one of the speedos

That's what I thought but this is direct from PP in an email:

"It replaces the oval Cruise from behind (Not round)

It was custom designed for this dash, I am out of the country but I suspect if you Google 07 Mooma you should be able to find a photo ot PP in that position."

deafgoose
09-27-2010, 01:33 PM

It was custom designed for this dash, I am out of the country but I suspect if you Google 07 Mooma you should be able to find a photo ot PP in that position."

I spent 15mins looking for a pic but all the dash pics I can find of a 2007 OBV have the moomba cruise installed.

Canuckle Head
09-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Have them send you a pic of what they are talking about. for the '07 i was informed that one of the speedos was to be replace and the moomba cruize plate would not be functional. Good place for the transon light switch:)

I hear ya jm. I'm going to wire in my LED lights for the cabin and the transom into that location as I replaced one of my Speedos with PP. It will redefine the term "Moomba Cruise" on my boat! :D

jmvotto
09-27-2010, 03:52 PM

he must be talking about the triangle moomba cruise replacement on the 08' like DG is doing.

2007 Outback V
09-28-2010, 08:30 PM
This "oval shaped PP" replacement comes up every now and then. I also have never seen one or have any clue what the folks at PP are talking about. All I know about is the circular speedo replacement. I hope someone can get to the bottom of this, it would be nice to put this one to rest.

viking
09-28-2010, 11:54 PM
I agree as I'm totally at a loss right now!

deafgoose
09-29-2010, 12:31 AM
I agree as I'm totally at a loss right now!

Call them back and say it does not exist and that you need proof before placing your order. They must have some type of documentation about this.