PDA

View Full Version : New speed based speed control?

bzubke1
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
On the new for 2010 page i noticed it lists a new speed based cruise control as standard equipment. Are they talking about perfect pass or is this a new version of moomba cruise that is speed based instead of rpm based?

TL7
09-25-2010, 01:43 AM
It's EZ Cruise that is speed based. I've had both, and I think the speed based is much better. It's most noticeable when turning.

deafgoose
09-25-2010, 02:48 AM
It's EZ Cruise that is speed based. I've had both, and I think the speed based is much better. It's most noticeable when turning.

SWEET!

That is the #1 reason I upgraded to PP star gazer. The damn Moomba Cruise would bog down and scrub off all the speed when it was RPM based.

cab13367
09-25-2010, 11:47 AM

Do u still have to engage it manually each time, or can u preset a speed and it takes over when u get close?

bzubke1
09-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I wonder if it would just be a plug and play install to switch out the rpm based for the speed based. That is if you could get one for a good price.

you da man
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I wonder if it would just be a plug and play install to switch out the rpm based for the speed based. That is if you could get one for a good price.

Perfect Pass is plug n' play for the newer Moombas...like around 05-06 and up.

bzubke1
09-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah I would like to get perfect pass but the $1,000 price tag is whats holding me back especially cause my current moomba cruise works for me it's just kind of a pain to set and making turns sucks.

I'm just wondering if you could get the new speed based cruise for like $500 or less, if so I think it would be a nice upgrade for pretty decent price.

you da man
09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah I would like to get perfect pass but the $1,000 price tag is whats holding me back especially cause my current moomba cruise works for me it's just kind of a pain to set and making turns sucks.

I'm just wondering if you could get the new speed based cruise for like $500 or less, if so I think it would be a nice upgrade for pretty decent price.

Best upgrade for the Moomba is the Perfect Pass. Makes driving effortless especially for drivers who aren't good at mult-tasking (my girlfriend). Don't know about everyone else's boat but my XLV is very sensitive to holding speed and if I want to keep it at 21, it sometimes wants to stay at 20 or go to 22-23. Same with other speeds seems to want to go a little higher or a little lower than what I need for that particular rider. Takes alot of paying attention and fine adjustments. I can hold the speed, it's the other drivers of my boat that can't, so that's where it was a God send in my situation.

bzubke1
09-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Which perfect pass do you have? stargazer? Did you upgrade to it or did it come with the boat?

deafgoose
09-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Which perfect pass do you have? stargazer? Did you upgrade to it or did it come with the boat?

I upgraded to PP Star Gazer this month and I am shocked how much faster my wakebording has progressed. The consistency of the pull is what makes all the difference. It was hard to justify the price but now I know its worth every cent.

Sled491
09-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I skied behind a boat today with stargazer, very unforgiving. Most skiers loose almost 3 balls behind zero off and stargazer. I found it to be spot on but again very unforgiving and if not set up right can screw you up royally.

schuylski
09-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Do u still have to engage it manually each time, or can u preset a speed and it takes over when u get close?

You can engage manually once and leave it, and then the next time coming up to speed it takes over for you. But sitting at idle, you can't preset a speed the first time.

One thing that took me a while to figure out how it was working was is if you set the cruise, leave it set but then go pick up the skier and turn the boat off, cruise still set, turn the boat back on and try to go - boat goes nowhere. Whenever the boat gets turned off you have to turn the cruise off- makes sense, but I would keep forgetting it's set. I have no idea if the other systems are similar

deafgoose
09-26-2010, 03:03 PM
You can engage manually once and leave it, and then the next time coming up to speed it takes over for you. But sitting at idle, you can't preset a speed the first time.

One thing that took me a while to figure out how it was working was is if you set the cruise, leave it set but then go pick up the skier and turn the boat off, cruise still set, turn the boat back on and try to go - boat goes nowhere. Whenever the boat gets turned off you have to turn the cruise off- makes sense, but I would keep forgetting it's set. I have no idea if the other systems are similar

Yep. With the RPM based moomba cruise, it was the same way. Drove me nuts!

bzubke1
09-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know how much the speed based cruise would cost from the dealer?

you da man
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Does anyone know how much the speed based cruise would cost from the dealer?

I'd imagine it will be close to Perfect Pass. If it were even $300 less than Perfect Pass...Perfect Pass would be the better choice.

bzubke1
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
I hear ya. i wouldnt wanna spend the money and then still be disappointed.

you da man
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I hear ya. i wouldnt wanna spend the money and then still be disappointed.

I see you have Bullet HP speakers. Earmark Marine in Lewisville did my entire boat system. This winter will come the LED lights

bzubke1
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
yeah I started with some led lights a couple weeks ago on the interior. I got in on newty's group buy I'm looking forward to those installed in the next few weeks. I'll have to get a pic of the interior lights I did everything was super easy. what color were you thinking about going with?

you da man
09-26-2010, 09:51 PM
yeah I started with some led lights a couple weeks ago on the interior. I got in on newty's group buy I'm looking forward to those installed in the next few weeks. I'll have to get a pic of the interior lights I did everything was super easy. what color were you thinking about going with?

Blue would be my choice. I might have to drive up and look at your install. I'm 2.5hrs from DFW

bzubke1
09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Or meet in the middle on the brazos north of whitney one weekend get some good riding in too. If you can crimp wires you can easily hook it up. I just spliced into the courtesy light wiring.

I used some led strip lights i got at autozone for above the speakers. Since the pic I replaced the courtesy lights with some red ones. I got the courtesy and dash lights from superbrightleds.com the lights are red but its a pic off my phone so it looks kinda orange.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/bzubke1/leds.jpg