PDA

View Full Version : Boardshorts...what are you rockin on the water?

you da man
09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Just got in my first pairs of Cire boardshorts and I must say they are very pimp and the fabric is sturdy and will dry super fast. Got my girl a couple pair of Cire girl boardshorts and the are totally hot looking on her. Jet Pilot has quality shorts as well.

lewisb13
09-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Fox racing. They make em stretchy.

sandm
09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
anything pink :)

I hit up the vegas premium outlets when I visit mum. they have volcom, hurley, fox, billabong, quicksilver and pretty much most of the other big names. average $20-25/pr for shorts..
try to stock up 1-2x a year..

and yes, every pair I own have pink on them but one.. :)

WaterBullDawg1980
09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
All about Hurley for some reason. I usually just shop around online until I can find a place with a pair for a decent price. Also we have a Pacific Sunwear near us that I buy from when they have their quad annual going out of business sale. :-|

you da man
09-23-2010, 04:49 PM
All about Hurley for some reason. I usually just shop around online until I can find a place with a pair for a decent price. Also we have a Pacific Sunwear near us that I buy from when they have their quad annual going out of business sale. :-|

I have one pair of Hurley and the length is too short. Almost feels like those pre-Michael Jordan basketball shorts that Larry Bird used to rock out

New Guy
09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah I hate how short Hurley's are.

I am currently rocking O'neil Superfreaks and they are amazing!

deafgoose
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
All my shorts are Oniell because the type of material they use dry's soooooo fast!

Canuckle Head
09-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Billabong Platinum X, Quicksilver Cypher and Volcom.

viking
09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Boardshorts? We're supposed to wear clothes when boating? News to me :lol:

cab13367
09-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Whatever my wife brings home from the clearance rack :)

jamie_abb
09-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I've got a pair of quicksilvers that are 5+ years old. They go below the knee and used to have a cool pattern on them. They still have the surfboard wax scraper thing whatever that's for (should be a beer opener). I use them for swimming, boating, digging and construction around the cottage. They kinda smell like a combination of ass and hockey bag when they're drying. My question is, are you supposed to get a new pair before they wear out?

kaneboats
09-24-2010, 10:24 AM
I guess it's OK to talk about shorts when EdG isn't around. But let's close this thread before he gets back. You don't want him to post a pic of THE SHORTS again, do you?

rc5695
09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
I guess it's OK to talk about shorts when EdG isn't around. But let's close this thread before he gets back. You don't want him to post a pic of THE SHORTS again, do you?

Not sure what you're taling about, but THE SHORTS sound pretty gruesome! :p

I usually rock "clearance" shorts too. Currently Hollister & Hawk (Kohl's). Like my Hollisters; very soft feeling material.

sandm
09-24-2010, 12:07 PM
hey kane, would this said pic be of ed in a speedo???

you da man
09-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Not sure what you're taling about, but THE SHORTS sound pretty gruesome! :p

I usually rock "clearance" shorts too. Currently Hollister & Hawk (Kohl's). Like my Hollisters; very soft feeling material.

Hollisters are super soft material and would like to see more length in the legs. If you have long legs they usually hit right at the knee or slightly above

saskie99
09-24-2010, 12:15 PM
For Wakeboarding and skiing , the only shorts to wear are the Jet Pilot "crown jewels" They have the neoprene liner inside that keeps the goods protected and helps just keeping everything together.
For Surfing just a pair or quicksilvers, hurley, volcoms, ripcurl or reef. But the crown jewels are the best.

bzubke1
09-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I got the jet pilot gamechangers. They have a zip out neoprene liner that keep you warm in the spring and fall and you can zip it out once it warms up.

https://store.jetpilot.com/jetpilot/product/?catID=35&prodID=476

WaterBullDawg1980
09-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I have one pair of Hurley and the length is too short. Almost feels like those pre-Michael Jordan basketball shorts that Larry Bird used to rock out

Mine are not too short at all. But it may be because I am not exactly the tallest drink of water at 5'9. :cool:

But now that you bring it up, I think I am going to bring back a vintage style. Yep...its settled. I'm bringing back the nut huggers.

jmvotto
09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
oBrien, Pac sun, LIG and tommy bahama......or what ever else comes out of the drawer....

wow, where did that come from..... hahaha

DOCDRS
09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
hahahahahaha

rc5695
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Mine are not too short at all...

I'm 6', and mine don't feel too short either... Yes, they are right at or just above my knees. Any lower and I'd think they'd start catching on my knees when bending and straightening...