PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get carpet other than the dealer?

bzubke1
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to find some carpet for the sub enclosure i'm making, but i don't wanna drive all the way to the dealer to get it. Has anyone found anything that matches anywhere else?

Razzman
09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
When i did mine I looked all over and could not find a match for the oem carpet. I ended up ordering a yard through the dealer as i wanted a perfect match. There's also a company on ebay that has oem stuff from time to time called Great Lakes Skipper.

deafgoose
09-22-2010, 07:44 PM
When i did mine I looked all over and could not find a match for the oem carpet. I ended up ordering a yard through the dealer as i wanted a perfect match. There's also a company on ebay that has oem stuff from time to time called Great Lakes Skipper.

So what brand is our carpet?

Here is a link to the eBay seller:
http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Lakes-Skipper/_i.html?_nkw=carpet&submit=Search&_sid=55377954

bzubke1
09-22-2010, 08:46 PM

Do you remember how much you paid per yard by chance?

Razzman
09-22-2010, 09:52 PM
I have no idea whom makes it nor could the dealer tell me, he just ordered it through SC. I didn't really care as i was ordering more than i needed or would need in the future.

I paid like $36 for it including the shipping and tax.

deafgoose
09-22-2010, 10:21 PM
I have no idea whom makes it nor could the dealer tell me, he just ordered it through SC. I didn't really care as i was ordering more than i needed or would need in the future.

I paid like $36 for it including the shipping and tax.

Wow, that's cheap!

jmvotto
09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
this link has good info, byronkoz replaced his.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10552&highlight=carpet

newty
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm told these guys supply carpet to skiers choice, as well as the big three.
They are right here in Portland.
You might want to give a call and see what they have. I've heard they are good people to work with.

http://www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/about-us/aquamat-faqs

viking
09-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm trying to find some carpet for the sub enclosure i'm making, but i don't wanna drive all the way to the dealer to get it. Has anyone found anything that matches anywhere else?

That's a nice find Newty. Next time I'll have to remember them. If anybody finds out that they have OEM carpet anyhow.

Bzubke - I was in ur predicament earlier this year and ended up ordering it through a dealer in Minnesota (Nisswa Marine). They placed the order and it was drop shipped directly from SC to my house.

kaneboats
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
You can call Great Lakes Skipper-- the seller above on ebay. They sent me samples and I was able to match up the vinyl on my Outback- all 3 colors. They then pulled it off the roll and shipped to me. Very reasonable. I'm sure they can do this with your carpet too.

bzubke1
09-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna be in the area of the dealer today so i might just stop by and see if they have any layin around otherwise i"ll just order some from them.