PDA

View Full Version : Boat weight for the '05 XLV

boatnuts
09-23-2004, 08:07 PM
What was the reasoning behind shaving off 500lbs for the 2005 Mobius XLV? Was trailering a problem at 4100lbs? or is there a hull or performance improvement that required less weight? or is the weight spec for the '05 a typo?? Just curious because I have an '04 and would like to know if there is a problem.

Lpfeil
09-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Boatnuts,

Was reading you're post in Satisfaction Poll, What part of Western Washington are you in and what dealer are you refering to. I'am in North Seattle.

Larry

lowdrag
09-26-2004, 05:35 AM
I had the same question in another thread. How or why did the XLV lose 500 pounds?

boatnuts
09-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Larry,

I am referring to a dealer South of Seattle. My father had an unfair run-in with the service department about 25 years ago that was never resolved. I have several friends who have purchased boats from them who got the run-around when taking care of warranty or service issues. I recently had some poor quality/workmanship issues with their parts/service department.
Prior to purchasing the boat, I explained to the salesperson my reservations for buying the boat through this dealership. The salesperson guaranteed me that I would not have problems and that they recently replaced the service manager who was causing these issues.
I spoke with the service manager at Ski Masters in Kenmore. He assured me that they are a Moomba authorized service center. I will most likely will take my boat there for servicing.

boatnuts
10-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Here is the answer to this question.....

Thanks for the inquiry. To answer your question, for 2004 we used the Wet
weight of the boat, which included battery, full gas, full options on the
boat, and minimal equipment. For 2005 we felt it was more accurate to only
publish the Dry weight of the boat, which is basically the weight of the
boat as it leaves the manufacturing line. The boat has not changed and the
construction of the boat has not changed either. It is simply a better
reflection of how much the boat itself weighs. Keep in mind, when towing
the boat, the wet weight of the boat is probably more accurate, once the
boat has a battery, any optional equipment (tower speakers, amps, etc), full
tank of gas and any equipment. Hope that answers your question.

Matt Brown
Product Manager