PDA

View Full Version : Killer Ballast Install

T100
09-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Check this out,I know it's an installation in a Centurion but very impressive in the detail and a killer pump, well wroth the look / read.

www.centurionavalancheballastinstall.blogspot.com

brain_rinse
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Those are nice pumps he used! According to wakemakers' site they are 720 GPH compared with 640 for the Jabsco. Not as big of a difference as he makes it out to be, but still an improvement. The only things I don't like about his install is the use of brass valves instead of bronze, and his PVC tee is a little too vulnerable for my taste. Overall he did a great job and is obviously going to be happy with his port side surf wake!

Canuckle Head
09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
I think I am going to do something similar to this thread. I agree with Brain that he should have used a bronze ball valve instead of brass. I really like the auxillary hook ups and I am going to use the same type of application for my center locker and integrated bow sac.

If I use a T or Y fitting up in the locker with shut off valves I should be able to get way with one pump for the 2 bags and still be able to fill and drain them independently of one another. :D

jmvotto
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
canuckle head, do you have any pics of the fill and drain ports on the IBS. i am curious if i nedd two fill and two drain lines for the IBS.

thx

joe

Canuckle Head
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
I'll get you some pics.

kaneboats
09-17-2010, 01:34 AM
I think I am going to do something similar to this thread. I agree with Brain that he should have used a bronze ball valve instead of brass. I really like the auxillary hook ups and I am going to use the same type of application for my center locker and integrated bow sac.

If I use a T or Y fitting up in the locker with shut off valves I should be able to get way with one pump for the 2 bags and still be able to fill and drain them independently of one another. :D

All right, that's two. What's the benefit of bronze over brass? See, I don't know everything-- just don't tell my kids, OK?

deafgoose
09-17-2010, 01:53 AM
All right, that's two. What's the benefit of bronze over brass? See, I don't know everything-- just don't tell my kids, OK?

Brass is a combination of copper and zinc while bronze is a combination of copper and tin. Bronze is much stronger and more corrosion resistant than brass but it is 4X more expensive.