PDA

View Full Version : 2005 mobius stereo questions - any help?

Brit Rider
09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
OK I am about to order my new boat but don't want the clarion stereo in it. The dealer says he can't order a moomba mobius lsv without the stereo.

Sooo, i want to take out the Clarion and put in a Pioneer unit.
Problem is the clarion has the huge face on the front, what i need to know is if it has a bigger slot than standard stereos hidden behind that face, or is it the standard 1 DIN slot?? when i remove it will another stereo shoot straight in or will i need an adapter?

Also what are the speakers in a mobius for 05? I'm guessing clarion? if so i want to swop them for kickers and add a couple kicker amps.
what sizes are they and where are the speakers? can they be changed easily? Ideally i want 2 in the bow, 4 in the cabin and i'll add an enclosure up top on the tower.

I'd juat like to say the UK dealer is being great with us.. only problme is there is no mobius available to view so i am needing to go off recomendations right now.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

p.s is this the stereo in a Mobius? or is it another marine unit they fit?
http://clarion.com/usa/product/datas//p_images/XMD3-RET_l.jpg

09-20-2004, 05:41 PM

Pic didn't work, this one should

Brit Rider
09-20-2004, 05:42 PM

OK now will it work?!!!

Wake Master
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I purchased an 04 Mobius LSV and all the stero equipment was Kenwood

Brit Rider
09-21-2004, 06:39 AM
Eek, MY mistake, I'm not sure where i got Clarion from.. I seem to remember being told it was all clarion but have since found out its Kenwood therefore the 1 DIN slot won't be a problem.

Has anyone added amps and more speakers to their moomba? Any good places found to route speaker and power cables (keeping them away from each other)

I'd like at least 6 within the boat rahter than the current 4.

noneya
09-21-2004, 09:02 AM
They have 6 speakers in em. The Kenwood unit is great IMO much better than a pioneer. I mounted an amp under the gunnel right beside the observer seat, I also put a subwoofer just forward of the windshield on the passenger side, there is an area under the gloevebox that has a brace coming down that makes a small protected area (I used a Bazooka powered sub, mounted vertically)

I would say use your $$ to get the tower wired for speakers and get some tower speakers if you really want to upgrade the sound. Adding the speakers is no big deal but running the wiring thru the tower is a pain

Brit Rider
09-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks.

Basically this boat is acting as a demonstration boat in the UK. we distribute wakeboard towers and so will have one of our own on, rather than the standard mobius tower. the tower will also feature around 6 remotely operated tower lights, 4 kicker 6x9 inch speakers in an enclosure and racks etc.. plus a total upgrade inside the boat including 2-3 amps (1 for the tower), 6 x 6 1/2" speakers and a sub or two.

Its all still onthe drawing board right now.. It still needs alot of planning :)