09-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Hey guys, we have an 03 outback ls and I am trying to convince my dad
that getting ballast and a wake plate is a good investment. He thinks
because the modified V hull is ment for slaloming that no matter how much
weight you put in the back it won't change the size of the wake. Right now
I average about 5 feet or higher while wakeboarding and i want to increase
to about 6-7, would ballast and a wakeplate make a big enough difference
that it is worth getting? ... our wake is puny. Also, when wakeboarding in
deep water does it increase the wake size? we normally wakeboard in 6 ft deep water
but it seems like when we move over to 15-20 ft it seems the wake gets
smoother and a little larger. but still small.

thanks. in regards, jake

DOCDRS
09-15-2010, 07:30 PM
if you don't have any ballast tanks right now , yes ballast will def increase the wake had a 99 ls with the tanks and filling them def increased the wake, mind you not as big as my vdrive with no ballast, but for a couple hundred definitely worth it.......the wake plate not so sure ya need that
my .02

JakeX14
09-15-2010, 07:33 PM
if you don't have any ballast tanks right now , yes ballast will def increase the wake had a 99 ls with the tanks and filling them def increased the wake, mind you not as big as my vdrive with no ballast, but for a couple hundred definitely worth it.......the wake plate not so sure ya need that
my .02

our wake is small and curved at a low angle, so when we jump we barely
get any air and we fly way outside the wake. I was wondering what is used
to make the wake curl up more and get bigger. what would i need.

DOCDRS
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
well you could get 2 of these....http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-gravity-games-rear-sac.html ... they are 42 inches long , then you could always drain one and add it to the same side for surfing , rather then the 1080 that you would put behind the engine

JakeX14
09-15-2010, 08:15 PM
hmmm. i appreciate your help but i have another question. those bags said
they fit any supra or moomba v-drive boat. The outback LS is not a v drive boat,
if i were to get 2 bags would they still fit in the back compartment?

DOCDRS
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
well if your trying to fit them in your locker at the very rear , i doubt it , measure your compartment and decide whats the biggest bag you can fit in there, not sure where the gas tank is on the 03. under seat or behind seat, you may want 2 bags another for under the seat if its behind the seat, get out your tape measure and investigate

jmvotto
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM
wake plate will only make the wake smaller.

here is a link to vikings dd ballast upgrade. you can just get a bag and pump as doc says to see if it gets you there. or throw four of your buddies in the rear to see if the wake improves.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12648