PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Service Question

nogoodjr
09-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Wanted to get some opinions. I purchased a 2009 Mobius LSV with around 30hrs this summer. Had the boat mechanically inspected at time of purchase and paid to transfer the warranty for boat and motor. After 20hrs of use I took it in and had the 50hr service done. Now, we put another 20 hrs on since and are probably done for the year. I am taking it to the service center for winterization, should I get the yearly service done? Only 20hrs on this oil. Should I just get winterization done and get yearly/100hr service done next summer after we get to 100hrs? Should I just change v-drive fluids and impeller and get full service at 100hr?

I am in no way mechanically inclined, just wanted to know what everyone else would do. Of coarse service center says to just get the full yearly service so I don't loose time next summer with it in the shop. But I will still have to have 100hr service done to keep warranty valid.

Thanks for any input.
Byron

maxpower220
09-14-2010, 09:57 AM
During the winterization, they should change the oil. Ask them about that before you take it in. You should change the oil prior to storage, no matter how little use it has had.

As for the 100 hour service, I would wait until 100 hours. However, you should consider your "down" time in the middle of your boating season vs having it done when the boat is not in use anyway.