PDA

View Full Version : Next Question

lewisb13
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
So I have the amp here....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?p=113760#post113760

I have the stock HU from 05. Its a kenwood KCA-225MR (or whatever). It has the 2 bow speakers run on 2 channels at an obvious 4 ohm load. Fine. The 4 cabin speakers are ran in parallel at a 2 ohm load. So I have a 6 channel amp and Im going to use 2 channels for the front 2 speakers and then BRIDGE the remaining 4 channels into 2 channels so I can just leave the speakers wired how they are. Here are my amp stats...

4 ohms 60x6
2 ohms 90x6
mono bridge at 4 ohms 180x3

SO in my case I think I have 2 mono bridges at 2 ohms.

My question is, how many watts are the 4 CABIN speakers getting, each, and at what impedance?

If I have to go back and wire 1 speaker per channel, I will, but I was just trying to get outta doing that...

EarmarkMarine
09-13-2010, 08:39 PM
You can't safely bridge this amplifier into a 2-ohm load. So this will require that you go to the cockpit speakers and rewire them in series and bridge the amplifier into an 8-ohm load. Instead, for the minimal work involved I would definitely run an additional set of wires to each side so that the amplifier will run in the discrete six channel mode (output wise). The amplifier will deliver more power than the above scenerio and run at its most optimum load. Keep in mind that every solid state amplifier has an optimum load and six times 4-ohms would be ideal for this amplifier. It will run cool and clean with some headroom in reserve plus it will be a breeze to gain the amplifier with six equal loads.

David
Earmark Marine

lewisb13
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes sir!!! BTW I called Odin and left a message on Saturday, still havent heard from this fellow. Maybe hes out of office for the week?

EarmarkMarine
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Yes, he is out for store inventories as its that time of the year. Email me at [email protected] and leave a phone number. I'll fill in for Odin as he'll be out until Wednesday. The call will be on my nickel.

David
Earmark Marine

kaneboats
09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
David,

Let me know when you are ready for a surfing vacation to Clermont, FL. I'll chip in for your ticket. I know a place you can stay too. Hope you like Yeungs and wings. Many of us need some "hands on" assistance with our setups. Doesn't have to be perfect, just better than we have now.

EarmarkMarine
09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Kaneboats,
Thanks! Always an email or phonecall away.

David
Earmark Marine

lewisb13
09-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah we could really use some representation in the south. Heck, my local moomba dealer NEVER even carries any moombas. They're custom order only because he is a dealer for another company and only stocks their boats.