PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Parking Brake.

89PROSTAR
09-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Has anyone adjusted the parking brake on a Suburban (2001) or Tahoe. I just replaced by rear rotors and parking break shoes for the second time. Ive finally got the parking brake to hold the Suburban by it's self on a hill. The problem is, it won't hold with the boat while on the ramp. It creeps a little. I set the brake and put it in park and it seems ok but not great. Any one elese have this issue. The Chevy parking brake is a joke. You can't adjust it while the rotor is on, and they do not self adjust. My Prostar didn't have as much of a problem since it was about 1500lbs lighter.

Mikes
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11065&highlight=suburban Hope this helps.

89PROSTAR
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
I should have searched the forum....I know this a problem with everyone. Mine is fixed for now. I fixed it before as well. I may stick with the block behind the tire on the ramp as well. I tranny shop once told me to keep it in 4wheel low when pulling the boat out. I do that as well. Even in park It feels like 4 wheel low keeps a little more forward torque without locking the tranny up.