PDA

View Full Version : Radio wont power up????

LSV04
09-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey, My amp is fine, but original radio wont go on, the switch at the steering wheel is lit. Could radio just be done? Is there any way to test the radio with different power source without removing it.?. .Can the blue wire coming out the back of radio that was connected to power the amp be placed on the positive battery terminal?
Thanks-need tunes!!!!!

Razzman
09-12-2010, 12:03 PM
OK, here goes;

First thing and it sounds stupid but if you have a remote dash turn on then check it! See if the breaker is popped.
Check your remote mute or attenuate button.
The blue wire is your remote turn on for the amps, don't connect to the battery! Is the amp(s) powering up?
Get in the hole and check all the wires for the stereo, double check the ground connection!
Check the inline fuse for your stereo.
Check fuses at the fuse block probably under the dash.
Check all you RCA cables to make sure they are connected.
If all that checks out then here's a tip i got from Brian at Exile, using a mini pin to RCA cable, disconnect the RCA cables from your amp and plug an ipod directly into the amp, if you hear music then your HU is probably hosed. Had to replace mine yesterday!

lsvboombox
09-30-2010, 09:00 PM
i have a similar issue on 2010 lsv.. my radio goes on fine, amps turn on no problem plays music... then the screens start to go on the fritz and start showing weird letters and symbols.... then it will just shutoff and not come back on... need to shut everything down and like 10-20 minutes later everything repeats again????????

lsvboombox
09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
by the way where is the main unit mounted? i didnt have time to look...

squeeg333
10-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Is your battery running low? I've had a sorta similar issue when my house battery was very low.

i have a similar issue on 2010 lsv.. my radio goes on fine, amps turn on no problem plays music... then the screens start to go on the fritz and start showing weird letters and symbols.... then it will just shutoff and not come back on... need to shut everything down and like 10-20 minutes later everything repeats again????????

rvette
10-01-2010, 03:51 PM
if you have a removable head unit, make sure it is attached properly.

maxpower220
10-01-2010, 04:52 PM
if you have a removable head unit, make sure it is attached properly.

Also, make sure that you don't have a corrosion issue. I have 2 friends with Clarion head units that were corroded and not making good contact. A little wire brush action, now they are working fine. Be careful with wire brush.

lsvboombox
10-01-2010, 10:06 PM
the batteries were at about 65%.. I hooke them up to the charger and will be back at the boat tomorrow. i will check all the connections, but they didnt look like the faces could be removed...

lsvboombox
10-01-2010, 10:07 PM
the system is the mb quart
wm1-bb
wrc-s2
wrc-p