PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuits

2007 Outback V
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Lake temps are on the downfall here in Wisconsin. I like to pick up a new wetsuit, I've been using a old one that must be from the 80's. It has quite the flourecent color coordination. Anyway, I am not up to date on wetsuit tech. That said, what is everyone using these days. I don't need top of the line, but a good all around wetsuit would do the job. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also if anyone is aware of any current deals, I'm game.

Thanks

lewisb13
09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I just picked up a SICK Oneal wetsuit on clearance from Dicks for $20. Its a 2.5mm thickness I think. It does the job. Dont spend a ton of money on one of these.

you da man
09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
You can find lots of good Oneil wetsuits on sale on various websites. I have an Xcel drylock spring suit and it's damn near a spring drysuit. I've never seen a spring/shorty suit that keeps out almost 100% of water. Xcel's drylock fullsuits are the same. Most who have them say they are pretty much drysuits.

yearround
09-10-2010, 07:32 PM
i have seen the oneils that are wet suits but keep you virtually dry. get one of those if you can.

for a wetsuit, i have an oneil, don't know what model, but it was around $120. mostly use the dry suit now, if i have to put a suit on.

get a dry suit if you see a good deal. but that is not at all what you asked about, so sorry not much help.

jmvotto
09-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I have an body glove full suit and an HO shorty, both are "wet" suits and work great. If you want to stay dry get a good dry suit.

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=78502

thesack
09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I have an O'Neill 3/2 Epic off Amazon.com a couple of years ago I think for 100. Its does an ok job of keeping water out and keeping me warm, but I am going to be getting a O'Neill 4/3 Psycho 1.

A couple of my buddies are using the Billabong Foil 4/3, which they like a lot. It does better at keeping water out then my current O'Neill. Activewake has them on sale right now. http://www.activewake.com/billabong-foil-4-3-wetsuit-full-2009.html

Also check out OregonSurfshop.com they have O'Neill and Xcel wetsuits. I have an Xcel wetsuit top that I really like.

BRANDNIRON8971
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Try this link. I've seen a few pop up over the last couple weeks. the stuff they run is usually a SMOKIN DEAL.

http://www.thedailysteal.com/

Mikey
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
I have Bare products ,but Bare Oneil .excel,Body Glove you name it all can be had quite reasonably just look around or go online as lots of places are clearing out for winter. Also agree a drysuit is the way to go for real cold water,lots of makes and brands as well. Good luck.

Sled491
09-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Dude, your here with me in WI. Drysuit all the way. Now while I'm not wearing mine yet, I think it is just a matter of another week or so before I do. One of my ski buddies has a son that reps Jet Pilot and Straight Line. This spring 3 of 4 of our group bought these Jet Pilot Hybrid suits. They are like 2/3's with a special linning, most of the time they are almost as dry as I am in my drysuit.

I went today in my Pinnacle Seal 3mm and was toasty all morning.

deafgoose
09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I use an Oneill Heat 4/3 and absolutely LOVE IT!

you da man
09-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I use an Oneill Heat 4/3 and absolutely LOVE IT!

Is this suit good at keeping water out, especially through the zipper?

deafgoose
09-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Is this suit good at keeping water out, especially through the zipper?

When I jump in... water does slowly creep in from the zipper. It's a wetsuit so I figured that was normal.

I believe a drysuit is what you are looking for to prevent water from getting in.

you da man
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
When I jump in... water does slowly creep in from the zipper. It's a wetsuit so I figured that was normal.

I believe a drysuit is what you are looking for to prevent water from getting in.

A few of the really highend wetsuits like the Xcel drylocks are pretty much waterproof. Their zippers don't even leak on the drylock suits