PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Wakeboard Products

gonracn
09-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Anyone out there using Aerial brand racks? If so any issues? They look quality and one can't beat the price, but last ones purchased that I knew nothing about ended up falling apart. This time want to do a little home work first.

KSmith
09-10-2010, 06:03 AM
No experience with the racks but I ordered the twin bullet speakers. I haven't mounted them yet but the construction is solid. I would expect similar solid construction on the racks.

Jceclipse01
09-10-2010, 07:25 AM
i bought one at the end of last summer and the quality has been very good no trouble

TeeRoy7
09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
I have 2 of them. One holds a knee and wakeboard. Just great. No problem and I often forget to strap them in and they still stay in place.

09-11-2010, 01:10 AM
I purchased speakers from them and the service was excellent, going way above and beyond (Over winter I took my speakers off the boat and in the process lost the rubber spacers. I emailed Pat and told him the story and they sent me new ones at no charge. No one does things like this anymore).

I recommend this company for sure.

jamie_abb
09-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I have an aerial mirror with a quick release which is awesome

trebor-75
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
No experience with the racks but I ordered the twin bullet speakers. I haven't mounted them yet but the construction is solid. I would expect similar solid construction on the racks.
ksmith, have you mounted those speakers yet? I have been thinking about buying them, so i would really like to know how they sound and if you like them.

KSmith
09-14-2010, 07:07 PM
ksmith, have you mounted those speakers yet? I have been thinking about buying them, so i would really like to know how they sound and if you like them.

Hey trebor, no I am afraid I haven't mounted the speakers yet. Been bouncing between too busy and too lazy. The construction is soild. The sound will not be the same as I am replacing the Polk speakers with Infinity 612M speakers and then use the Polks in my dog boat (Bayliner), so called because the dog is not allowed in the Moomba.

I'll post back when I get them hooked up. I expect they will be just fine for my needs, not killer systems like some of the guys here have, but ok for me.

jmvotto
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey trebor, no I am afraid I haven't mounted the speakers yet. Been bouncing between too busy and too lazy. The construction is soild. The sound will not be the same as I am replacing the Polk speakers with Infinity 612M speakers and then use the Polks in my dog boat (Bayliner), so called because the dog is not allowed in the Moomba.

I'll post back when I get them hooked up. I expect they will be just fine for my needs, not killer systems like some of the guys here have, but ok for me.

Test out the polk vs the inf 612m i had both and preferred the sound of the polks better. the Inf 612m sounded slighltly tinny to me ..FWIW

couple people have the aerial pods with polks and have enjoyed them, cab, has them. I have the aerial pods, i swapped out the polks for some krypt hlcd's .

trebor-75
09-15-2010, 04:37 PM

Yeah I feel the same about my system. Mostly thinking about the Aerials for music when swimming around the boat and just hanging out. What amp are you going to use for yours?

KSmith
09-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah I feel the same about my system. Mostly thinking about the Aerials for music when swimming around the boat and just hanging out. What amp are you going to use for yours?

Yup, pretty much the same here. Eventually I am going to hook up a dual battery system so I can relax and not worry about running down the primary battery. Some day. Anyway for an amp I am going to use a Pyle 1000W 4 channel amp I had hooked up in my dog boat. Not a great amp, but I am currently in budget mode and I had it sitting around. It actually has a decent sound for what I need at the moment, if I don't crank it too hard it isn't too bad. Eventually I will find a replacement amp but it isn't a high priority and until I get hooked up with a dual battery I am not going to be running any amp that hard so it doesn't suck the battery dry.

KSmith
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Test out the polk vs the inf 612m i had both and preferred the sound of the polks better. the Inf 612m sounded slighltly tinny to me ..FWIW

couple people have the aerial pods with polks and have enjoyed them, cab, has them. I have the aerial pods, i swapped out the polks for some krypt hlcd's .

I'll have to do a side by side when I get ready to play with them. Thanks for the tip!