PDA

View Full Version : Trailer LED lights

gonracn
09-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Ok, so this may be a dumb question, but I dont know and am not afraid to ask.
My trailer has LED lights on it, can I back into the water with the trailer plugged into the vehicle? My old trailer was not LED and I always unplugged.

Unsure, so give me some feedback.

Canuckle Head
09-07-2010, 04:19 PM
My trailer is not LED and I back it into the water plugged in all the time.

newty
09-07-2010, 04:23 PM
LED's are sealed so your fine. You should have been fine with your old trailer as well because they should have been sealed housings.

viking
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
My trailer is not LED and I back it into the water plugged in all the time.

Ditto......never been a problem yet. And lights are on alot of the times when I load er back up to at dusk :)

cpatten
09-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Another thing to think about, I believe your trailer brakes are wired into that harness as well? Somebody who knows what they are talking about can jump in now. :p

bzubke1
09-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Our trailer brakes lock up if we try to unplug it and back the boat in.

mcdye
09-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Correct the blue wire in the harness is sensing the reverse lights. When in reverse it sends signal to brake solenid to release pressure so brakes will not enage.

Naturally it would depend on the grade of the ramp if the brake would engage with the harness disconnected.

you da man
09-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Our trailer brakes lock up if we try to unplug it and back the boat in.

My trailer brakes will lock if I'm level or downhill. However, when I'm on the boatramp almost to the water I can disonnectvand the brakes will not lock

Canuckle Head
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
My trailer brakes will lock if I'm level or downhill. However, when I'm on the boatramp almost to the water I can disonnectvand the brakes will not lock

Agreed! If it's downhill there is no issue with unplugging the harness but why bother?