PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Bow filler cushion for 06+ LSV

brain_rinse
09-06-2010, 07:55 PM
If you don't use your bow filler like you thought you would please let me know!

Thanks!

deafgoose
09-06-2010, 08:26 PM
How much are these from the dealer. I was thinking about getting one for my boat.

jmvotto
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
How much are these from the dealer. I was thinking about getting one for my boat.

mine was $225 in 2008. btw i would not get a boat without one.

deafgoose
09-06-2010, 10:44 PM

I think they are pretty cool but I am worried about using the pole for my mooring cover.

I would need to take the filler cushion out every time to prop up the cover with the pole.

Razzman
09-06-2010, 11:10 PM

I'm just the opposite, i wouldn't get one with a filler cushion. I'm always going into the bow to drop anchor or retrieve it. We also store sandals in one of the front compartments and it would be a pain for me to contstantly crawl over it.

brain_rinse
09-06-2010, 11:13 PM
See, I just need to find a guy like Razzman that bought a boat with a cushion and doesn't want it!

mnpracing
09-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Just because I don't have an imagination, what are advantages of the bow filler cushion. I can only think of a couple:
1. hide a fat sac
2. sunbathing (easier to lay down comfortably).
3. any others?

jmvotto
09-07-2010, 08:48 AM
I think they are pretty cool but I am worried about using the pole for my mooring cover.

I would need to take the filler cushion out every time to prop up the cover with the pole.

JUst use a small piece of plywood, thick card board, abs, or an old sandal and it will be fine. the OBV filler does not have the metal support bar to it so it stores very easily.

jmvotto
09-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Just because I don't have an imagination, what are advantages of the bow filler cushion. I can only think of a couple:
1. hide a fat sac
2. sunbathing (easier to lay down comfortably).
3. any others?

fat sac won't fit,
do you have kids? you can pile a bunch up there.
can store your sandals under it.
oh and if you have kids you can put a bunch up front.....:p

kaneboats
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2007 Outback V
09-07-2010, 10:31 AM
jmvotto,

Can you post some pics of your bow filler cushion and the mounting rails. Pics of how it fits up against the front cushion would also help too. I picked one up last month, but it doesn't seem to fit quite right? It is about an inch thicker than the other bow cushions (so I would have to mount the rails lower in the bow to get a flat surface all the way across) and doesn't seem to fit snug against the front cushion. When I ordered it, the dealer used my hull ID number, and the cushion is the correct color and texture. I'm not too sure how to mount the rails? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

jmvotto
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
jmvotto,

Can you post some pics of your bow filler cushion and the mounting rails. Pics of how it fits up against the front cushion would also help too. I picked one up last month, but it doesn't seem to fit quite right? It is about an inch thicker than the other bow cushions (so I would have to mount the rails lower in the bow to get a flat surface all the way across) and doesn't seem to fit snug against the front cushion. When I ordered it, the dealer used my hull ID number, and the cushion is the correct color and texture. I'm not too sure how to mount the rails? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

i can get you pics this weekend, but here are some from Jesse c 02 lsv, same exact hull and rail system just different cushion and vinyl, mine fits snug and flush to the other bow cushions.

the pics are down the page a ways.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=4625&highlight=filler

#4 your dog can sit in the bow.

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=1504

rc5695
09-07-2010, 12:03 PM
my older Moomba has the playpen seating. I thought I was goign to hate it, but as it turns out I love it! Room is great, like somebody said, you can fit lots of kids up there! lol. No worrying about falling off a seat, nice for laying out, etc. I just really like it!