PDA

View Full Version : I love Austin, TX...

you da man
09-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Personal watercraft are banned on the lake for the Labor Day weekend. Wahahaha!!!!

Kidder
09-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Personal watercraft are banned on the lake for the Labor Day weekend. Wahahaha!!!!

I don't go near a lake on three weekends. Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day weekends. It's the drunks driving whatever they're in (sterndrive, towboats, PWC) that I worry about. No thanks.

zabooda
09-04-2010, 11:29 PM
That is one reason to like Austin but I enjoyed the food. I was down there during hurricane duty in 2008 and had some excellent food. They moved us over to Beaumont a few days later and I got a reality check.

you da man
09-05-2010, 04:46 AM
That is one reason to like Austin but I enjoyed the food. I was down there during hurricane duty in 2008 and had some excellent food. They moved us over to Beaumont a few days later and I got a reality check.

Im sorry about Beaumont. It's an offshore oil-rig town. Hard working people but leaves alot to be desired. Austin has the greatest vibe/atomosphere...food, live music, and everything is about being outdoors and/or on the water.

newyear14
09-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Im sorry about Beaumont. It's an offshore oil-rig town. Austin has the greatest vibe/atomosphere...food, live music, and everything is about being outdoors and/or on the water.

I agree.We were there last July for the USA volleyball jr. nationals. Great city! Love the Texas BBQ.

zabooda
09-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I had a good time in Beaumont also but working 12 hour days and six days a week kinda took its toll. Excellent BBQ's there also.