PDA

View Full Version : Television in the boat? I'm getting this!

WaterBullDawg1980
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Keep in mind, I am a DIE HARD college football fan. And it is tough to think about going out on the lake and missing my games.

This solves that problem. Plus I will be using it after lake season and when I start tailgating at the Georgia games.

You can also hook it up to a larger HDTV t.v. if the need calls for it.

I figure this could also be nice, for the spending time with the wife and kids at night out on the lake.

What do you fellas think??

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/equipment/satgo

wolfeman131
09-04-2010, 10:52 PM
that's cool! I DVR all of the games and watch them at night when we get home. Today I talked the wife into letting me put a flatscreen & DirecTv receiver on the dock so I can catch some of the action during the day.

zabooda
09-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I take my small flat screen to the beach, inverter, long extension cord and the popup canopy. I get all three major networks over the air and on Saturdays I can watch Boise State's march to the national championship or on Sunday they always show the Seahawks getting their tail feathers ruffled. A rout either way means more skiing for me.

kaneboats
09-05-2010, 01:41 AM
I DVR the games too. Better than watching live.

walb0244
09-05-2010, 01:53 AM
We DVR everything. I can't think of the last time I watched a commercial.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah, I generally only DVR Georgia games or games of national importance.

Besides that with as much stuff as we DVR, especially in HiDef, my space gets used up quickly.

I just figure this would be good to use as a backup, especially while tailgating.

I will give you guys a status report on its functionality here in the coming weeks.

I will tell you the one thing I am nervous about is Direct TV. Never heard good things about them, but I will remain an optimist until proven otherwise.

sandm
09-05-2010, 12:01 PM
my sisters bf has access to one. he's been threating to bring it with us all summer. my sis says it's breakup if it shows up :)

it works real well from what I understand...

wolfeman131
09-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I will tell you the one thing I am nervous about is Direct TV. Never heard good things about them, but I will remain an optimist until proven otherwise.

I've had DirecTv for almost 12 yrs and (knock on wood) haven't had any issues and love the service. I'm a big UFC fan and refuse to watch the PPV fights at my friend's house who has Comcast. Ordering the fights is always a total pain in the a$$ and takes 30-60 mins. It's a few simple button pushes w/ DirecTv.

jester
09-05-2010, 11:51 PM
my sisters bf has access to one. he's been threating to bring it with us all summer. my sis says it's breakup if it shows up :)

it works real well from what I understand...

I already like your sister. Camping and the lake is technology free for the most part. You have the tones for riding then you have a slide show during / after dinner of the photo's of the day. Some times we might have the Ipod playing at camp. NO TV and cell phones are only to be used when giving people directions to camp or to pick them up from the dock. NO TEXTING on the boat. I should post a sign saying no texting or you will be tossed overboard.